Average daily journey in points by instrument. - page 13

Svinotavr:
Use Alexei's formula (I call it the "drunken Sailor" law to myself).

This is just another round of demagogy, and the formula is not written in Russian, so what is it and how?

The stroke is roughly proportional to the root of the period. I.e. if you denote the average hourly stroke as middle_H1, then

middle_period ~ middle_H1 * sqrt( period / H1 ).

What do these variables mean in this case?

the average stroke (it's also a modulus of hourly price increase), and then the middle period is the sampling period, .....

By the way can you predict where a drunken sailor is going, i.e. is it possible to predict the movements of the centre of mass of a drunken man ? you must first define the concept of mass, do you have one ?

Trololo:
By the way can you predict where a drunken sailor is going, i.e. is it possible to predict the movements of the centre of mass of a drunken man? You must first define the concept of mass, do you have one?

What mass? A schoolboy's not good at physics. You should also ask what mass we are talking about.

Poligrafych, this is for you:

middle_period is the average move of a bar on a period timeframe. The move is High - Low (or, for example, |Close - Open|).

middle_H1 is the average stroke of the bar on the H1 timeframe.

In the formula in brackets we need to substitute the period in minutes, i.e. H1 = 60.

It works like this: middle_H4 ~ middle_H1 * sqrt( H4 / H1 ) = middle_H1 * sqrt( 240 / 60 ) = 2 * middle_H1.

Trololo:
By the way can you predict where a drunken sailor is going, i.e. is it possible to predict the movement of the centre of mass of a drunken man ? perhaps you should first define the concept of mass, do you have one ?

Jos, why do you need bars to solve a problem? Polygraph has taken 1,000 steps. How much did he "move" in space according to the Law of the Drunken Sailor? And how far did he move in the first 500 steps. Well... That's easy.

It's simple:
What mass? Schoolboy's not good at physics. You'd have to ask what mass we're talking about.
If you mean me, I'm good at physics. May you know and understand it the way I know and understand it.

Mathemat:

Poligrafych, this is for you:

middle_period is the average move of a bar on a period timeframe. The move is High - Low (or, for example, |Close - Open|).

middle_H1 is the average stroke of a bar on TF H1.

1In the formula in brackets, use period in minutes, i.e. H1 = 60.

2It works like this: middle_H4 ~ middle_H1 * sqrt( H4 / H1 ) = middle_H1 * sqrt( 240 / 60 ) = 2 * middle_H1.

aaah, so it's a link between the moves of different tf's (But not periods).

So again,

1-why is it necessarily in minutes

2-for how deep is the sample

And distribution of price increments which was shown many times on different forums, wouldn't it say the same thing?

Svinotavr:

If you mean me, I'm good at physics. May you know and understand it the way I know and understand it.

I wouldn't dream of it. I'd like to be able to grasp the basic definitions. Maybe you can help me, when you are not trading professionally, of course.

I'm not asking for much, let's start small. I have been struggling with Newton's First Law for three years now. I've done everything, I've put candles under my pillow, and I've put lundavshits under my pillow, but nothing helps. You probably understand the fourth as well.

Let's not get all raspy and prickly, let's think for a while and then you can at least dance

Trololo: let's say we have a period of 24 hours and the timeframe is n1.

You have a mess in your head, Poligrafych. You put it out there on purpose and spelled it out.

We don't have 24 hour periods, we only have TFs!!!! What the hell are periods if we didn't talk about swings?

In short, count your average moves yourself. Anything calculated by others will be wrong anyway.

1-Why is it necessarily in minutes?

2-for how deep is the sample

3-A distribution of price increments, which has been shown many times in different forums, doesn't it tell the same thing?

1. Well, if you want to do it in seconds.

2. For large, several years (I had it from early 2004 to present).

And what is this? Why do you keep complicating the task, trying to attach to it something that wasn't there?