[Archive!] FOREX - Trends, Forecasts & Consequences (Episode 12: February 2012) - page 258

Dimka-novitsek:
And I'm all baah, there's five of them yesterday!

And rightly so.

herzogtier:

Man, I'm sick of this 90-point flat, I've been sitting in a lock for 3 days now and I really don't know what to do, which way to break the lock. Who thinks about it, maybe someone will suggest a way out of the situation?

I would have your problems sell 3031 buy3290

Tantrik:
Don't do anything, when it's 3170 at the sell, put a stop 5pp.in+.

So you are basically suggesting to end up playing on a pullback - when the price goes for a new round of growth the sell will close at Boo and then wait till buy comes out at least to 0?

The most frustrating thing is that I just put pending orders really too close (once again went against my own authored strategy and hit the margarine (((((), and it freaking stung both and now neither way ((((. Sad to hear that ))))

Bought an Audi Yen gapanese!

Salavatka:
I wish I had your problems sell 3031 buy3290
Tremendous)). My situation is not good either - I lost 200 c.u. on Tuesday, just because I went against my system (((, I started to twitch when my buy triggered on Tuesday morning and bounced back down, I screwed up too - I opened a double lot lot, and the price went up so that I felt bad (((

herzogtier:

So you are basically suggesting to end up playing on a pullback - when the price goes for a new round of growth the sell will close at Boo and then wait till buy comes out at least to 0?

The most annoying thing is that I just put pending orders really too close (once again went against my own authored strategy and got into the margarine (((((), and it freaking stung both and now neither way ((((. Sad to hear that ))))

Right. Down may not go up trend - so close from sell. The narrower the lock, the smaller the loss. In August I was (hit in...) 500 points tray - I had to pull it out by account - I pipped 800 (in 2 weeks it is 4 signs) and closed everything.

herzogtier:

The most annoying thing is that I just put pending orders really too close (once again went against my own authored strategy and got into the margarine (((((), and it freaking stung both and now neither way ((((. Sad to hear that ))))

Kolyan offers to wait for him, he is busy today))))

herzogtier:
Tremendous ))). My situation is not good either - I lost 200$ on Tuesday only because I went against my system (((, I started to twitch when my buy triggered on Tuesday morning and then went to pullback down, I fucked up too - I opened a lot with a double lot, and then the price went up so that I felt bad (((
Probably more important than the strategy is controlling your emotions!

I put a bypass at !.3330 although I'm not sure if it will go higher, already... Maybe it will go higher?

strangerr:

He offers to wait for Kolyan, he's busy today))))
Yes, he'll fix the loki in no time! ((