[Archive!] FOREX - Trends, Forecasts & Consequences (Episode 12: February 2012) - page 292

solar:
The funny thing is I got a signal on the buoy in the same place where you had your first order open .... but I'm not gonna leave it for the weekend.
Don't get cocky. You'll be proud of yourself on Monday.

Sta2066:
Don't be a sissy. You'll be proud of yourself on Monday.

let's say .... I have been in the market for a while now, I don't allow myself to do that for a long time (Friday to Monday trades) )))) all profits

solar:

let's say .... I have been in the market for some time, I don't allow myself to do this for a long time (Friday to Monday trades) )))) all profits

Me too. What went up in a week went up. The market isn't going anywhere and the price might.

But what I mean is that the decline will continue.

Sta2066:

Me too. What went up in a week went up. The market is not going anywhere and the price might.

But what I meant was that the decline will continue.

Yeah, well, what else is there to do.

Sta2066:

Me too. What went up in a week went up. The market is not going anywhere and the price might.

But what I meant was that the decline will continue.

So you don't know where the price will go? ))) But you get a lot of pluses for being cautious ))))

artikul:
So you don't know where the price will go? ))) But for caution you get a lot of pluses)))

It's not like I put a plus sign. I know that when the market wakes up, I'll be asleep. But leaving positions without stops is a waste.

Maybe there will be no decline. Although, there are some thoughts.

Daddy says that due to the unbelievable frosts in Europe, a couple may fall!

I personally have a wagonload of bajas hanging, for a total of minus two hundred and eighty-five, thirty-nine...

Sta2066:

I don't think I've given you a plus sign. I know that when the market wakes up, I'll be asleep.But it's not a good idea to leave positions without stops.

Maybe there won't be a decline. I have my thoughts, though.

And without stops for nothing - even if there is a profit, it is still for nothing.

Dimka-novitsek:

Daddy says that due to the unbelievable frosts in Europe, a couple may fall!

I personally have a wagonload of bajas hanging, for a total of minus two hundred and eighty-five, thirty-nine...

tell daddy that due to the unprecedented frost (was), ..... interest in the energy sector is on the rise, so just as long as the frost is up ))))

Sta2066:

It's not like I put a plus sign. I know that when the market wakes up, I'll be asleep. But leaving positions without stops is a waste.

Maybe there won't be a decline. I have my thoughts, though.

Agree that if the TS is reversible, then the stop for it is the opposite signal. Other arguments in favour of a fixed stop on a triggered signal of such a TS seem dubious. The signal is formed when the time expires and when the level is reached. Both of these conditions were formed a few hours before Friday's close. If I put a stop, it means I am not confident in my signals, if I do not leave positions for the weekend - same thing. Question then how do I trade if I have doubts and paralysis of will? ))) Looking for other signals, seek the opinion of gurus or what? ))) Weekends are not the reason to forget your own strictly formalized entry and exit points from the market ))))