[Archive!] FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Consequences (Episode 10: December 2011) - page 161

forte928:
And you pass our 2004....

No, you can't go to third grade after high school.

No,you're not..... hmm.... better yet, don't take it personally.

I'm just probably not being objective at all, because I'm angry. ... And I'm not happy, as in fact half of the Ukrainians, the fact that Russia considering Ukraine a part of itself, gave its people some blood-stained lands (the Crimea and Odessa) and now Ukraine (which to me is the same as Peter) has gathered with these lands and people, move away from what OUR ancestors created and joined Poland ... the EU. This is a gap for me... Where is Poland and the EU and Russia's position in the world. Why did the Cossacks march to the Urals? Why did our ancestors shed their blood? They probably thought - "Look, we are heroes, we have pushed Russia apart".

That's why I have a real gap - this is our country, Ukraine is not Azerbaijan. We are one people, she is a country.

And if you dig deeper into history, you lost something you never had. Conquering and getting back what was never yours is not a loss.

SProgrammer:
Margarita, you in Ukraine, have only passed our 91st year. :)

Did we live in different countries in '91?!

As for the fact that we are descended from Kievan Rus, yes... In Western Ukraine they call me "Moskal'ka" and in Moscow - "Khakhlushka". It's unclear who I am judged by my nationality there, I think that's what unhealthy people are judging. In my region there is no such stupid national prejudice, and there never has been one. From history, according to the plan of Katya III my city was built as the southern capital of Russia and people were brought here from Russia, mostly from Bryansk, so my city is truly Russian, even though it's in the centre of Ukraine.

margaret:

As for the fact that we are descended from Kievan Rus, yes... I am called a 'Moskalka' in western Ukraine and a 'Khakhlushka' in Moscow. It's unclear who I am judged by my nationality there, I think that's what unhealthy people are judging. In my region there is no such stupid national prejudice, and there never has been one. From history, according to the plan of Katya III my city was built as the southern capital of Russia and people were brought here from Russia, mostly from Bryansk, so my city is truly Russian, even though it's in the centre of Ukraine.

Yes, please, or rather change your mind... We are one country altogether. There is no such country as Ukraine, there is Kievan Rus, which is now called Russia.

Yes, we are one country.

margaret:

As for the fact that we descended from Kievan Rus, yes... I am called a 'Moskalka' in western Ukraine and a 'Khakhlushka' in Moscow. It's unclear who I am judged by my nationality there, I think that's what unhealthy people are judging. In my region there is no such stupid national prejudice, and there never has been one. From the history, according to the plan of Katya II my city was built as the southern capital of Russia and people were brought here from Russia, mostly from Bryanka, so my city is truly Russian, even though it's in the centre of Ukraine.

Margarita, and you think deeper, why they call you in Moscow Khokhlushka and in Western Ukraine Moskalka, maybe because it really reflects the essence of your self-image, and the moronic prejudice is the lack of national signs?

From history, America was built by colonists from different countries, but they consider themselves Americans and respect their nation, language and customs.

There is no nation in the post-Soviet space similar in its idea of belonging to the people of eastern Ukraine. Look around you, find a similar example in Estonia, Georgia, Armenia, Lithuania, in any of the republics of the former Soviet Union, the world?

That is the fate of peoples who had their roots torn out for the purpose of oppression, enslavement. In modern times, for the same reason, mass festivals are being eradicated from the consciousness.

Disunited masses are easier to control.

RekkeR:

Margarita, think deeper, why they call you Khokhlushka in Moscow and Moskalka in Western Ukraine, maybe because it really reflects the essence of your self-image and a moronic prejudice is the absence of national signs?

From history, America was built by colonists from different countries, but they consider themselves Americans and respect their nation, language and customs.

There is no nation in the post-Soviet space similar in its idea of belonging to the people of eastern Ukraine. Look around you, find a similar example in Estonia, Georgia, Armenia, Lithuania, in any of the republics of the former Soviet Union, the world?

This is the fate of peoples who have had their roots uprooted for the purpose of oppression and enslavement. In modern times, for the same reason mass holidays are being removed from consciousness.

Dispersed masses are easier to manage.

Rekker, what exactly is the lack of national attributes a retarded prejudice? (I smoked weak weed today, I can't figure it out the first time)

About Estonia, Georgia, Armenia, Lithuania and people similar to the people of eastern Ukraine in their conception of belonging surprised, but not happy.

I did not understand whose fate: "It is the fate of peoples whose roots have been ripped out for the purpose of oppression and enslavement. I agree about the holiday: do not touch our holidays!

imho, it is easier to rule by one :)

RekkeR:

Margarita, think deeper, why they call you in Moscow "khohlushka" and in Western Ukraine "Moskalka", maybe because it really reflects the essence of your self-image, and the moronic prejudice is the absence of national signs?

This is the fate of peoples who have had their roots uprooted for the purpose of oppression and enslavement. In modern times, for the same reason mass holidays are being removed from consciousness.

Divided masses are easier to control.

Actually I don't see any depth here, everything is much simpler and banal: in Moscow I do not speak with Moscow accent, and in the Western Ukraine I don't speak with Hungarian or Romanian accent. Both in Moscow and in Western Ukraine they do not like strangers... That is the truth. I love my country - I live there, I work there and I'm not going to emigrate or work in another country and virtually the whole Western Ukraine lives and works outside their homeland, what kind of patriotism can we talk about?

P.S. My girlfriend, together with her husband from Western Ukraine, lives and works here for 20 years... They went to visit their parents. My friend went to the shop with her kids; the kids were running out of the shop ahead of her, fooling around, chatting amongst themselves... The women are sitting near the shop and say: "Ponaídili moscali damned here, ufu (and they take, in the full sense of the word, spit on the children)... A friend after coming out of the shop said to them in their language: I will spit and you will bleed... Is this a normal attitude? This is retarded and I cannot call it anything else.

I ask the members to move the discussion on national issues to the 'Cool Room' or something. Just don't argue there either, OK? This is, after all, a thematic thread (albeit mostly a floodbooth).

Mathemat:
I ask the members to move the discussion on national issues to the 'Cool Room' or something. Just don't argue there either, OK? This is, after all, a thematic thread(albeit mostly a floodbooth).

Why did you say such a word, eh?))