[Archive] Learn how to make money villagers! - page 864

7Konstantin7:

i have an idea, i need an EA of saw type - balance-equity graph as a pulse that would trade always at zero - keeping the deposit neither in plus or minus - relatively and that the transactions would be as much as possible in a day

If you have such an Expert Advisor, I know how to chop the dough)

Example - Cardiogram

i know how to boost my profit if i have such an advisor)

i know how to make a good deal of money!)

I need to get the Village Hall together :D but it looks like no one is interested in anything, all gone

:D

Staying at zero isn't any easier than earning... After all, you have to predict the movement by n points of spread. You start to open on spikes and you will incur losses.

And the rating you have shown, how do you know that these comrades are turning a profit near zero (drawing a cardiogram)? Their account may be on the way to the bottom, or it may be in profit. I don't think it's worth making a big deal out of it. Rebate can serve as a bonus and that's it!

MaxZ:

Staying at zero is no easier than making money... After all, you have to predict the movement by n points of spread. You start to open on spikes and you will incur losses.

And that rating you showed, how do you know that these Comrades are turning a profit at zero (drawing a cardiogram)? Their account may be heading for a drain, or it may be in profit. I don't think it's worth making a big deal out of it. Rebate can serve as a bonus and that's it!

The rating may be deceptive, it doesn't matter, the chart is just a small example of how an EA should be.

you do not have to predict anything, everything can be calculated

I know how to open orders leaving only negative spread and commission, if there is any, just calculate that Rebate would cover it and slowly grow, when the account is eaten because of the spread-commissions withdraw from Rebate and continue winning.

I have not really thought about the idea of an Expert Advisor, maybe something will come up.

7Konstantin7:

Rating may be cheating it does not matter, the chart is just a tiny example of what an EA should be like.

you do not need to predict anything, everything can be calculated

I know how to open orders leaving only negative spread and commission, if there is any, just calculate that Rebate would cover it and slowly grow, when the account is eaten because of the spread-commissions withdraw from Rebate and continue winning.

I haven't really thought about the idea of an advisor yet, maybe something will come up.

Using locking?

MaxZ:
Using locking?

yes at one price, open with a grid of pending orders, except that Rebate is unlikely to overlap, but there are many offers to consider

any ideas?) maybe it will work, although the payoff will probably be lower than the costs

but still very interesting

i put 10 pending orders, then they triggered and i need to wait for the price to move away from them as per brokerage company terms so i could get a bonus for all pending orders and then cut

Who's thinking?

:D

7Konstantin7:

yes at one price, open with a grid of pending orders, except that Rebate is unlikely to overlap, but there are many offers to consider

any ideas?) maybe it will work, although the payoff will probably be lower than the costs

but still very interesting

i.e., 10 pending orders are placed and then they triggered and i have to wait for the price to move away from them.

I have no ideas... I'd rather look for ideas to create a profitable Expert Advisor than one that is near zero! :))

But I'll give you some more details. I just went through it. I came across this result by accident:

Strategy Tester Report

IWantRebate

EGlobal-Cent3 (Build 409)

SymbolEURUSD (Euro vs US Dollar)
Period1 Hour (H1) 2012.04.02 00:00 - 2012.04.06 22:00 (2012.04.02 - 2012.04.07)
ModelAll ticks (most accurate method based on all smallest available timeframes)
Bars in history1119Modelled ticks40091Modeling quality90.00%
Chart mismatch errors0

Initial deposit3000.00

Net profit-99.27Total profit425.61Total loss-524.88
Profitability0.81Expected payoff-1.99

Absolute drawdown99.27Maximum drawdown100.27 (3.34%)Relative drawdown3.34% (100.27)

Total trades50Short positions (% win)25 (48.00%)Long positions (% win)25 (36.00%)

Profitable trades (% of all)21 (42.00%)Loss trades (% of all)29 (58.00%)
Largestprofitable trade100.00losing transaction-100.21
Averageprofitable deal20.27losing trade-18.10
Maximum numbercontinuous wins (profit)3 (15.62)Continuous losses (loss)7 (-46.00)
MaximumContinuous Profit (number of wins)100.00 (1)Continuous loss (number of losses)-100.21 (1)
Averagecontinuous winnings1Continuous loss2

Quotes are four digits, spread is 2 pips. Therefore, expected payoff is exactly the same. It's very easy to obtain such a chart: we open BUY/SELL orders one after another, but we do not close positions by the opposite signal, but by a direct one (it's absurd!!). Thus, we lock the profit/loss using the second order and then equity falls proportionally to the spread with each closed trade. It seems to us that we should close trades a bit later but with small profit and equity will move to the right without any slope... Plus also Rebate, at My broker it is 50% of spread. But this task turned out to be no easier (as I realised later) than pointing the equity to the corner where it says 3053! :)))))))

An advisor is in the trailer. But you'd better give it up and try to trade at profit and not at breakeven! ;)

Files:

MaxZ:

Thanks, just considering something when there's nothing else to do)

Probably the whole partnership is calculated that the profit from it will only cover about half of the costs)

I'd rather corner the equity, of course) but how... I am going to try to play around with this advisor

7Konstantin7:

Thanks, just considering something when there's nothing else to do)

Probably the whole partnership is calculated that the profit from it will only cover about half of the costs)

I'd rather corner the equity, of course) but how... I'll try to fiddle with this Expert Advisor.

Waste of time! :))) Either that or you'll end up with another averaging device...

You can cover the profit, but losses need to be locked so the equity does not subside. The margin increases at the same time. Everything revolves around one and the same problem - an unlucky entry point. And we try to come up with some twisted methods to deal with it! :)))))))))

I personally think that the monkey cannot be released on automatic )) if you control it ) and put it in the right place at the right time then something can come out of it )

MaxZ:

It's a waste of time! :))) Or you'll end up with another averager...

You can cover profits, but you have to lock in losses to keep equity from slipping. At the same time, the margin goes up... Everything revolves around the same problem - an unsuccessful entry point. And we try to come up with some twisted methods to deal with it! :)))))))))

Yeah I've already changed my mind) just torturing the advisor)