[Archive!] FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Consequences (Episode 6: August 2011) - page 181

s_aullma:
Oh, someone is holding the eu. Such data came out the latest ZEW and it is standing. Should today's rise correct or?

what came out? can i have a picture...

Tantrik:

What did you get? Can I get a picture...
What do you mean it came out? ZEW data is freely available. Experts' expectations have fallen very hard (-40 vs -6.2 forecast). The same as in 2008. And the euro is standing. I am not an expert in forecasts and the question about the correction was more for the respectable public. Is it worth the wait or will they keep pulling it up?

s_aullma:
Oh, someone is holding the eu. Such data came out the latest ZEW and it is standing. Should today's rise correct or?
A pullback to 4350 is possible ...but it's up to you to decide....

Benya

So, the fateful week begins. On the 26th. Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke will give a speech on monetary policy at the Jackson Hole conference. This will be a purely academic event, where central bankers' chiefs talk about their latest academic findings and thoughts. But as they are already more practitioners than theorists, their thoughts are exceptionally important. It is noteworthy that this time it is not just the chairman of the Fed who will be listening. But that is where the major decisions are made, so there is no getting around Benjy.

The market will be preparing for this event all week. Basic surveys of primary dealers have already been carried out. They expect the third quantitative easing to take place after all. Market participants predict that QE3 will amount to USD 500 billion. Investors are, in fact, ready for this. However, this readiness is tentative: Neither the new round of bond purchases nor its absence is fully included in the value of the dollar. Therefore the market will react to Ben Bernanke's speech this Friday - and react strongly. The lack of hints of further policy easing will kill risk appetite and crash the markets. The USD could strengthen, of course. However, before Friday, the USD is more likely to include a new round of money printing.

guys with pullbacks going up to 1.48... at least that's where I have TP))))

The reason for the rise in the euro is said to be that Spain has placed €3bn worth of treasury bills.

marketeer:
The reason for the rise in the euro is said to be that Spain has placed €3bn worth of treasury bills.
Yes there was that news in the terminal. I think it could be followed by other countries who have been quite successful in placing their bonds.

lotos7:
a pullback to 4350 is possible ...but it's up to you to decide...
yes 4310 is the start of a rapid rise and the first target for a pullback is 4410,

MARKET TALK: EUR/USD still in 'Bermuda Triangle' - MIG Bank - Today's best news ))))

Let me give it a shot: I predict a downward move of the Euro in the next few hours, to about 1.4440.