[ARCHIVE] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 3. - page 447

dva1986:

I have almost zero knowledge of mql) at least give me a nudge in which direction to go.
I'll give you a direction: in this

artmedia70:

Are you sure you (?) need this insight into my life story?

I don't think so...

About a month after I started learning mql4 I started to write a multitemporal EA which included several different strategies. This EA has used dynamic calculation of its parameters for autotuning to the current market situation. I wanted to learn so much, I did not wait for free stuff, I coded it myself and asked what I was not clear about. I'm still learning: What is our life? - A game...

"Where are the upper and lower prices of the squares hidden and can you get them, not from the squares themselves on the chart, but directly from the indicator?"

Put the indicator on the chart, press Ctrl+D ... The data window will open. Move the mouse on the indicator chart and look how the indicator buffer values change in the data window. What data is stored in which buffer can be identified by the buffer number and by the colour of indicator lines in the tab "Colors" (in the indicator parameter window when attaching it to the chart)

It builds objects in the main window of the terminal, therefore there are no objects in buffers of the indicator. Use the standard functions of mql4 from the Expert Advisor for working with objects (their names begin with Objects)

had you had any programming experience before that?

artmedia70:

Are you sure you (?) need this insight into my life story?

I don't think so...

About a month after I started learning mql4 I started to write a multitemporal EA which included several different strategies. This EA used dynamic calculation of its parameters for autotuning to the current market situation. I just wanted to learn so I did not wait for free, I coded and asked anything I was not clear. I'm still learning: What is our life? - A game...

"Where are the upper and lower prices of the squares hidden and can you get them, not from the squares themselves on the chart, but directly from the indicator?"

Put the indicator on the chart, press Ctrl+D ... The data window will open. Move the mouse on the indicator chart and look how the indicator buffer values change in the data window. What data is stored in which buffer can be identified by the buffer number and by the colour of indicator lines in the tab "Colors" (in the indicator parameter window when attaching it to the chart)

It builds objects in the main window of the terminal, therefore there are no objects in buffers of the indicator. Use the standard functions of mql4 from the Expert Advisor for working with objects (their names begin with Objects)

And all because there are very few explanatory textbooks, and those who are new to code find it very difficult to understand how things work and why, sometimes not at all logically. I have only recently begun to understand the joke about the programmer who puts two glasses full and empty at night

sss2019:

And all because there are very few explanatory textbooks, and those who are new to code find it very difficult to understand how things work and why, sometimes it is not at all logical. I've only recently begun to understand the joke about the programmer who puts two glasses full and empty at night
I studied the textbook by Sergei Kovalev, and then I began to study the functions of Igor Kim. Then I started making my own.

dva1986:

had you had any programming experience before that?
Yes, I have. Are we on a first-name basis?

artmedia70:

About a month after I started learning mql4, I started writing a multi-timeframe EA which included several different strategies. This EA used dynamic calculation of its parameters for autotuning to the current market situation.

Hello Artem! I'm interested in your "multi-timeframe"! And then how do you test it? It's definitely not mentioned in the tutorial.
I'm trying to avoid this inconsistency by writing a new function NewBar(), so that not every new bar gives true, then I could work on a smaller TF and do some operations not so often. What can you advise me from your own experience? Thank you in advance for a suitable hint!

borilunad:

Hello Artyom, I was interested in your "multitimeframe"! How do you test it afterwards? It's definitely not in the tutorial.
I'm trying to avoid this inconsistency by writing a new function NewBar(), so that not every new bar gives true, then it would be possible to work on a smaller TF and some operations would not be so frequent. What can you advise me from your own experience? Thank you in advance for a suitable hint!

And what prevents to use iTime() instead of Time[], not Open[] but iOpen() etc. ??? Only the history should be uploaded over all TFs...

artmedia70:
What prevents using iTime() instead of Time[], iOpen() instead of Open[], etc.? ??? Only the history should be uploaded for all TFs...

Thanks, I'll look into it more carefully. Then, if anything, I'll bother you again! All the best!

Maybe a new average MA will be invented. it will be more advanced to real data. for example, MA=(P1+P2+P3)/3. the idea is MA= (P1+P2+P3*P3)/6 where P3 is the last value. or with a period of 6 for example MA= (P1+P2*P2+3*P3+ 4*P4 + 5*P5 + 6*P6)/21, write in a message

#property stacksize 3

int start()
  {
   int x = stack();
   Alert("Итог = ",x);

return(0);
  }

int stack()
  {
   static int i;

i++;

Alert(i);

if(i < 5) stack();

return(i);
  }  

Can you tell me please, #property stacksize 3 - what does it mean, I declare 0 or 1000 or -1000 and the result does not change?

Example code if you can, for understanding.