[ARCHIVE] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 3. - page 442

OlegArH:

Guys, how do you open a pending order for 10 minutes (from the moment it opens) so that it will then die if it doesn't trigger?

Give me an example, please!

if( (TimeCurrent()-OrderOpenTime())>10*60 ) {
   OrderDelete() ...;
}

chief2000:

Another question for the moderators - when we write a forum post, we press Enter at the end of the line. This results in a new "blank" (space) character.

- Why is it needed?

Why is a philosophical problem. And practically, try Shift+Enter, you'll like it better.

granit77:
Why is a philosophical problem. And practically, try Shift+Enter, you'll like it better.

I wish they'd done the opposite. But Shift+Enter solved the problem, and I'm getting tired of deleting those gaps.
Thank you!

chief2000:

I wish they had done the opposite. But Shift+Enter solved the problem, I was getting tired of deleting those spaces.
Thank you!

Why the other way around? As many editors as I know, they all work that way... Then why confuse the issue...
Didn't you know about Shift+Enter ?

chief2000:

if( (TimeCurrent()-OrderOpenTime())>10*60 ) {
   OrderDelete() ...;
}

Why not use the Expiration pending order parameter.

TimeCurrent()+10*60

There is of course a possibility that this parameter cannot be used.

On some trade servers, the expiration time of pending orders may be prohibited. In this case, an error 147 (ERR_TRADE_EXPIRATION_DENIED) will be generated when trying to set a non-zero value in the expiration parameter.

That is the only way, of course...

artmedia70:
Why the other way round? As many editors as I know, they all work that way... So why mix it up...
Didn't you know about Shift+Enter ?

It wasn't there before and when it was, I thought it was a bug :)

artmedia70:

It is certainly probable that this parameter cannot be used.

On some trade servers there may be a ban on pending orders expiration. In this case, when trying to set a non-zero value in the expiration parameter, a 147 error (ERR_TRADE_EXPIRATION_DENIED) will be generated.

In that case, of course, it is the only way...

For beginners, the simpler the better, and the better.

Started to check how to add Fibonacci levels on the history - we can see that they depend on OBJ_FIBO coordinates, but at some angle of inclination levels go too far to the right, where they are no longer needed.
-Is it possible to limit the levels in length, up to a certain bar?

chief2000:

Thank you so much!!!

artmedia70:

It is certainly probable that this parameter cannot be used.

On some trade servers there may be a ban on pending orders expiration. In this case, when trying to set a non-zero value in the expiration parameter, a 147 error (ERR_TRADE_EXPIRATION_DENIED) will be generated.

In that case, of course, it is the only way...

Thank you so much!!!