[ARCHIVE] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 3. - page 441

PapaYozh:

Yes, I got it. Reread my answer.

Identify the signs by which you can determine that everything is in place for the EA to work. And program the correct execution.

You're talking about "signs". I'm asking what signs may tell the Expert Advisor that the history is loading?

chief2000:

You are talking about a "sign". I'm asking what sign would tell the EA that the story is loading?

When you look at the screen, is there any way to tell if it is loading?

PapaYozh:

When you look at the screen, is there any way to tell if it is loading?

The Expert Advisor is triggered regardless of whether the trader is looking at the screen or not.

Actually, I had the idea of introducing a time delay, but thought there might be something more reliable.

chief2000:

The Expert Advisor is triggered regardless of whether the trader is looking at the screen or not.

Actually, I had an idea to introduce a time delay, but thought there might be something more reliable.

You could try using error 4066

Vinin:

You could try using error 4066

Checked the terminal log files of the terminal where the problem was observed - there was no such error.

chief2000:

Checked the terminal log files of the terminal where the problem was observed - there was no such error.

So there was no history download

Vinin:

So there was no history loading

History downloaded, no doubt about it :)

(terminal was not connected to the internet for exactly a month and is now running with current quotes)

Now I remembered - there was something else: the account was Demo (EA testing) and it was closed during that month. History loading started when I opened a new account (EA was not disabled in settings when I changed profile and account, which has already been fixed).

chief2000:

History downloaded, no doubt about it :)

(terminal was not connected to the internet for exactly a month and is now running with current quotes)

Now I remembered - there was something else: the account was Demo (EA testing) and it was closed during that month. History loading started when I opened a new account (EA was not disabled in settings when changing profile and account, which has already been fixed).

Error 4066 - Historical data is being updated.

Vinin:

Error 4066 - Historical data is being updated.

I don't even know how to explain the absence of this error in the logs.

The idea came up to choose a time in the distant future as a reference point and compare it with the last few minutes on a 0-zero bar. If for a few minutes the difference each time (for each new bar) will be 60 seconds then allow the EA to start working (something like that).

Guys, how do you open a pending order for 10 minutes (from the moment it opens) so that it will then die if it doesn't trigger?

Give me an example, please!