Formalising common approaches to trading - page 8

For fuck's sake ( writers from page seven) for... one of not many normal threads?

Yusuf, if you keep recording every slightest movement in your head on this forum, there aren't enough resources available.

It's not even that you're always writing nonsense, you've turned the forum into your diary, like "How I learn forex".

yosuf:
I think we should seriously deal with the issue of safety of funds in Forex and develop TS that exclude or significantly reduce the very possibility of losing a deposit.

... I'm fucking with these Russians... Moderators welcome!

>

yosuf:
I think we should seriously address the issue of safety of funds in forex and develop TS that exclude or significantly reduce the very possibility of losing a deposit.

Then you should think about MM and everything associated with it, in general, if you manage your money wisely with almost any logical strategy you can make a profit, just sometimes it does not suit everyone for one reason or another, mainly the speed of making a huge income from which you can go nuts! You may be surprised to find material on this subject, look for Semenych's experiment.

And in general Dear, fill up a ton of paper, ink, patience and decide what you need to know the answers to in order to make decisions to buy/sell/expect/exit the market. And think about what you need for each stage from a technical point of view, and modularly invent a miracle adviser, you can't answer all questions with one tool, like you invented the indicator, you need a comprehensive and not necessarily complex approach ... all brilliant is simple.

Regarding the target segment Puffery

Mischek:

For fuck's sake ( writers from page seven) for... one of not many normal threads?

Yusuf, if you keep recording every slightest movement in your head on this forum, there aren't enough resources available.

It's not even that you're always writing nonsense, you've turned the forum into your diary, like "How I learn forex".

come on buddy!

You're one of the pioneers of the forum.

Look what you've turned it into...

And your remarks and "thoughts" analyze it.

Rarely on topic.

It's more of a laughing matter.

Okay, Puckhouse has that in common...

But why are you being such a jerk?

ZZZEROXXX:
I am afraid that in reality there are more groups than 3 and they overlap each other in places, so I can't even imagine how to separate them

Everyone who does TA does this, although not everyone is aware of it. By choosing timeframes, indicator periods, entry and exit signals. TA methods always analyse the actions of only a part of traders. Most often - of one trading horizon, then there can be allocation of a subgroup - for example of the same trading methods, or part of the trading tactics (general rules of stop positions for example). There is always a target group united by common stereotypes in trading. But of course, it is not necessary to use methods where the accumulated open positions of the target group are evaluated - that is only one class of methods. The main thing is for the target group to enter/exit synchronously enough in certain situations, and then they can create a movement, on which they can gain profit even by ignoring the actions of all other traders. And we have to ignore them for obvious reasons :)

yosuf:
I think we should seriously address the issue of forex safety and develop TCs that exclude or significantly reduce the very possibility of a depo being drained.
it might be useful to understand how others are trying to solve the problem of saving and investing funds to try and use this information against them. But currency exchange is usually not the ultimate object of investment and savings, but an intermediary. So one would then need to analyse markets for capital, stocks, resources, etc. Quite a daunting task for a single small trader))) You can of course try to isolate some of these dependencies and moments of strong influence. In general, this too can be tried to generalize and formalize. Personally, I do not have enough experience in this subject. So welcome, who is able and willing ;)

BLACK_BOX:
Regarding the target segment Pimping

thanks, i need to download it :)

EricGR:

Why go so deep and go into such details? If you know so much about the market and price formation, you have to know other things that should have prompted new conclusions and greatly simplified your views on the market as a whole!

In short, do not get into narrow cracks.

Keep it simple and the money will stretch to you!

IMHO!!!

So let's consider it. The main thing to stay in the theme of the branch, ie formalization and generalization - without the slogans and pictures from the tester :)

P.S. The idea of the branch is to start with the basics, gradually detailing to specific trading methods. It is like a tree - there is a general basis and a gradual division into subclasses. In the leaves of the tree specific systems, but this is personal)))) Therefore, we could add "classification" to the branch topic, but it would be too complicated :)

Avals:

Thanks, I'll have to download it :)

You can watch it online too.

Avals:

so let's consider it. The main thing is to stay on topic of the branch, i.e. formalisation and generalisation - without slogans and pictures from the tester :)

P.S. The idea of the branch is to start with the basics, gradually detailing to specific trading methods. It is like a tree - there is a general basis and a gradual division into subclasses. In the leaves of the tree specific systems, but this is personal)))) Therefore, we can add "classification" to the branch topic, but it's already too abstruse :)

Let's consider and classify. If the chart is essentially the result of a hodgepodge of executed Limits and market orders

then as someone correctly pointed out, there are only two strategies (let it be approaches, strategies - more detailed rules) - trend trading, and ... the second one I forgot ))))

Avals:

Everyone who does TA does this, although not everyone is aware of it. By choosing timeframes, indicator periods, entry and exit signals. TA methods always analyse the actions of only a part of traders. Most often - of one trading horizon, then there can be allocation of a subgroup - for example of the same trading methods, or part of the trading tactics (general rules of stop positions for example). There is always a target group united by common stereotypes in trading. But of course, it is not necessary to use methods where the accumulated open positions of the target group are evaluated - that is only one class of methods. The most important is that the target group should enter/exit synchronously enough in certain situations, and then they can create a movement, on which they can gain profit even by ignoring the actions of all other traders. And we have to ignore them for obvious reasons :)

it might be useful to understand how others are trying to solve the problem of saving and investing money in order to try to use this information against them. But currency exchange is usually not the ultimate object of investment and savings, but an intermediary. So one would then need to analyse markets for capital, stocks, resources, etc. Quite a daunting task for a single small trader))) You can of course try to isolate some of these dependencies and moments of strong influence. In general, this too can be tried to generalize and formalize. Personally, I do not have enough experience in this subject. So welcome who is able and willing ;)

thanks, i need to download it :)

So let's have a look at it. The main thing is to stay on topic of the branch, i.e. formalization and generalization - without slogans and pictures from the tester :)

P.S. The idea of the branch is to start with the basics, gradually detailing to specific trading methods. It is like a tree - there is a general basis and a gradual division into subclasses. In the leaves of the tree specific systems, but this is personal)))) Therefore, we may add "classification" to the subject of the branch, but it would be too abstruse :)

Mr Slava, you are not a stupid man, and should understand that there are also psychological / personal characteristics, many people have already had layers of mental crap deposited in their heads over the years, and have formed an image of a successful system, but for the most part this is a delusion, everything is much simpler, the commodity futures market provides lots of opportunities due to seasonal fluctuations, the currency market also provides many opportunities only due to its high volatility. And you don't need high-tech indicators or anything like that, why complicate your life? Of course you can, I keep thinking about how to put this plan on paper.

And what about market participants. Investors invest... with long-term goals and views on the instrument. Hedges/institutes and others. usually support and add volume to an already-formed movement. Banks, for the most part, pursue other objectives in the market. The stock exchange itself... Pension funds, they also treat the market easier than we do, they add a little to the capital, but they mainly protect it. So I think that it is useless to overanalyze this shit, and to mislead ourselves even more, the market is too multi-faceted.

It is better to get comfortable and snatch an acceptable chunk, but regularly!

What to do? You have to be easy, not to be greedy, the same speculators are happy to get 20-50 points from the market while you sit in an ambush for a long time, then the next phase comes, you can be cheekier in your goals. You can't get all impulses from A to Z, you need time to react)

aaa general approaches to trading... I had forgotten... If you go back to psychology, a successful man will come and teach everyone his trading method and decision making, most people won't be able to digest the information and will think they are far from successful and so on. not it! There will be no universal panacea. no one can help (you) but yourself.

Well, if you're not being critical, you can talk about formalizing common approaches to trading on FR. And my 5 kopecks will be this risk regulator and how we call it MM, talk more and describe it? It is still worthwhile to summarise the branch and write out those very "general approaches" from time to time.

A special hello to Sultonov: I will give you an example, you want to start a company with a complex structure. And you have one manager (you) and one subordinate (your indicator) and you burden the subordinate with production, accounting, marketing, planning, financial department, security, etc. even if you divide it all into two ... it's still a fiasco. Do you know what it is all about and what needs to be done?

It is contraindicated to mentally unstable individuals.

The market offers each participant to join one of the groups and use their TS to identify the turning points. Different systems are used for the analysis, some of them indicate entry and exit points more precisely than others, the more advanced the system is the more it allows you to take from the movement. The system in its turn may consist of several simple ones. There are not many kinds of system models in terms of proportions of profitable and losing trades. Here you may be a scalper (profitable trades are times less than loss-making ones, so you have lots of small profitable trades and few of huge losses), or an anti-scalper (exactly the opposite), or anything in between, a "golden" middle. What does it mean? In the case of a pipsarian it means that a representative of the n-group tries to be satisfied with a little and together with a representative of the younger(n-1) fauna) tries to catch crumbs from the table left by his fellows(n), note: not pipsarians. The representatives of the "golden" middle equally work out their levels, if they are lucky, they trample the smallest, if not, they trample them. The anti-pipsarians, here, respectively, have the opposite effect to the pipsarians: the little guys use water pistols to try to trample a huge dinosaur shadowing their sandbox, which also appears to be a complete absurdity.

What do we have? Every market participant must choose a group in which to work.

Who forbids working in several groups at the same time? Nobody.

Perhaps, everyone is familiar with the Elliott Wave Principle. Well, the trick of this analysis is:

- the ability to predict the future behavior of an instrument is not is

- is (I did not manage to grasp it completely at my time, it's too late now, I'm deep into automatization, and it is not necessary):

1) ability to describe the current position thanks to the wave markup. Not everyone is able to correctly unfold waves and correct them sequentially.

2) The ability to switch from one level(group) to another, to work with the very group that requires current position. Only a few can master this art.

------

Bullshit? Yeah. No.

And to slaughter a huge dinosaur is absurd only on the face of it. They will be helped by the thesis "cut losses, let profits grow" and pyramiding.

It's sandy))