The market is a controlled dynamic system. - page 90

Mathemat:

Perhaps yes, it is too much.

Breakeven is not the same as Equity Breakeven (the latter is unlikely to be achieved in principle - even if we ignore the initial drawdown in the spread).

I do not know what he means by breakeven. Breakeven on balance... I don't even want to comment on it. I don't believe in such claims, as far as equity breakeven is concerned. It's bold, of course, impresses the faint-hearted, etc., but practical implementation is unlikely. All I've seen in my attempts to get closer are sawaw-shaped equity curves. :) I even made rather sophisticated attempts to "catch the saw by the tail", that sometimes gave rather curious results... which actually inspiredthe"theorem with a lost proof"......... :)

Even if breakeven is achievable in principle (which I highly doubt), it is not at all optimal in terms of time spent per unit of profit. Instead of waiting for a position to go into a huge drawdown and then waiting for it to come out, it's easier to just cut it off after some drawdown and look for a new entry.

You're talking about "balance sheet breakeven". That's clear. But the no-balance formulation is much more interesting, however it is not practical to make a profit. It's more of a learning experience... if you're not stupid and stubborn, of course.

Mathemat:

Perhaps yes, it is too much.

Breakeven is not the same as Equity Breakeven (the latter is unlikely to be achieved in principle - even if we ignore the initial drawdown in the spread).

Even if breakeven is achievable in principle (which I highly doubt), it is not at all optimal in terms of time spent per unit of profit. Instead of waiting for a position to go into a huge drawdown and then waiting for it to come out, it's easier to just cut it off after some drawdown and look for a new entry.

It's not so simple and straightforward here either....

The experiment continues. There are four months of work ahead. There are now four tractors (A,B,L,R) in the field. Two of them (A,B) will work on longer periods, and two (L,R) on medium and shallow periods .

By the end of the year, the experiment will be over - we will talk about the final results of the experiment and make analysis and conclusions.

avtomat:

It's not all so simple and straightforward here either....

This phrase could certainly be the main motto of the branch.

avtomat:

The experiment continues. There are four months of work ahead. There are now four tractors (A,B,L,R) in the field. Two of them (A,B) will work on longer periods, and two (L,R) on medium and shallow periods .

By the end of the year, the experiment will be over - we'll talk about the final results of the experiment and make analysis and conclusions.

In the tester, as I understand it, they all have no drawback?

MetaDriver:

This phrase could certainly be the main motto of the branch.

Is that your idea of a joke? ...

MetaDriver:
In the tester, as I understand it, they're all drawbar-less?

For the hundredth time: I do not use the tester.

avtomat:

For the hundredth time: I don't use a tester.
Don't you know how?

MetaDriver:
Don't you know how?

I don't know how to...

avtomat:

I don't know how to...
It's not hard, honestly. Much easier than justifying its non-use.