The market is a controlled dynamic system. - page 477

Aleksey Nikolayev:

Then there's the counter-trend trade and the anti-Semitic joke about it, known for almost a hundred years.

That's a bit of a misnomer. Semitic traders were ruined by averaging, not counter-trending.)

CHINGIZ MUSTAFAEV:
I certainly have nothing against you, but why does it sound so much like the ravings of a madman?)Try as I might, it is extremely difficult to take this comment in any other way.

It's not nonsense, it's just that Wizard2018 writes in a pithy and veiled way, afraid to reveal his grail strategy which he dug up on the internet and which he says has been out there for a long time.

secret:

That's a little bit wrong. Semitic traders were ruined by averaging, not a counter-trend)

A counter-trend has its advantages. Limit entry and small stop.

khorosh:

It's not bullshit, it's just that Wizard2018 writes in a veiled and meaningful way, afraid to reveal his gem strategy, which he dug up on the Internet, and which he says has been out for a long time.

Since 2004 😄 even, on a spider somewhere 😄 or on some bread and butter😄
In fact, there is nothing to understand, he simply writes that one should enter a trend in a flat and exit when it is trending.
That's all. So there is always liquidity (if it's a real market). Trading is very simple - the price goes to the lower limit of the flat, we set a sell or buy. The less false trades, the less losses and faster profits. For this to happen we need to take huge scales and that's it. In fact this is a usual breakout strategy. Nothing unusual.
I don't see anything philosophical here, nothing that requires making yourself look like a prophet of the financial markets except vanity of course, bordering on insanity.

CHINGIZ MUSTAFAEV:
Since 2004 😄 ah, on a spider somewhere 😄 or some bread and butter 😄
There's really nothing to understand, he just writes about entering a trend in a flat and exiting on a trend when it's going.
That's all. So there is always liquidity (if it is a real market). Trading is very simple - the price goes to the lower limit of the flat, we set a sell or buy. The less false trades, the less losses and faster profits. For this to happen we need to take huge scales and that's it. In fact this is a usual breakout strategy. Nothing unusual.
I don't see anything philosophical here, nothing that requires making yourself look like a prophet of the financial markets except vanity of course, bordering on insanity.

Any strategy has a lot of subtleties, and each of them has a significant influence on the result. It seems to be the usual breakout strategy. But when you start doing it, you will face a lot of difficulties. You will have to set a lot of filters and when you get rid of large drawdowns it turns out that there are very few deals left and the profit is not much.)

Wizard2018:

Don't be jealous :)))) It's all platitudes and generalities in your opinion. You're just on a different frequency Then you don't need it. I can't help it . That's the way it's always been. Find your own. Especially if it's not immediately yours - being specific will do little to help.

You will not be able to accept it, or really understand it, and especially not to use it. Proven.

Why do you think I envy your flock of three and a half poor people on forums? Well, because who else would fall for such content? That only the most desperate :( I personally, such posts cause irritation, because I kind of read something and the content in the end - zero, wasted time. But when it's also told in such a tone, as if reporting great wisdom, then .... it's the only way to perceive trolling.

Need or not, I don't know, because there's simply nothing to talk about. Well don't seriously discuss the "buy cheap, sell expensive" approach, it's too high an abstraction and there can be no substantive conversation around it. I didn't ask you for specifics, you misunderstood me here. I was only surprised that in its complete absence (specifics) someone still manages to admire your useless texts.

khorosh:

A counter-trend has its advantages. Limit entry and small stop.

Entry on a reversal signal (stop order) and a stop at the level of destruction of this signal. Otherwise, everything is correct.

It would be interesting to hear Automat's opinion.

Does he support the hypothesis that in the case of SB "one should follow the direction of the movement" and in the case of market BP, on the contrary, to use the properties of cyclicality and market relaxation.

I suspect that Oleg is using the same trend strategy in both SB and market, which in my view is not quite right...

Алексей Тарабанов:

Entry on a reversal signal (stop order) and stop at the level of this signal's destruction. But that's about it.

I was referring to the use of levels when the trader believes that the probability of a bounce from a level is high.

Alexander_K2:

It would be interesting to hear Automat's opinion.

Does he support the hypothesis that in the case of SB "one should follow the direction of the movement" and in the case of market BP, on the contrary, to use the properties of cyclicality and market relaxation.

I suspect that Oleg is using the same trending strategy in both SB and market, which, in my view, is not quite right...

We are looking from different perspectives: you from TVIMS perspective, I from TAU perspective.

Looking from your point of view, SB and BP are completely different entities and therefore they must necessarily have fundamentally different descriptions. And as a consequence, the rules for dealing with them must be significantly different.

Looking from my point of view, SB and BP are more or less similar processes. In order to deal with such processes an appropriate tracking system (SS) is needed. The task of constructing such an SS is a complex task. But it is not impossible.