The market is a controlled dynamic system. - page 253

TheXpert:

What difference does it make whether the position is plus or minus? Balance is no indicator at all. Only equity. Balance is only indicative if and only if it equals equity. It is very easy to prove: you cannot withdraw the balance from the account if the equity is equal to zero.

How can you not understand such simple things?

I think Oleg is referring to balance and equity as another system, maybe his system tracks this virtually, all my imho

TheXpert:

What difference does it make whether the position is plus or minus? Balance is no indicator at all. Only equity. The balance is only indicative if and when it is equal to equity. It is very easy to prove: you cannot withdraw the balance from the account if the equity is equal to zero.

How can you not understand such simple things?

.... You don't even see the difference -- "What's the difference between plus or minus on a position?" .... hee... and the rest in the same vein...

You, as an understander of simple things, of course, shouldn't see such little things ;)))))

vah:

I think Oleg is referring to balance and equity as another system, perhaps his system tracks this virtually, all my imho

Correct your imho. ++

In general, I am not interested in this "balance/equity" debate. I have once again been convinced that my position on this issue is correct.

And let everyone stick to their opinions. And that's the end of it.

avtomat:

Yeah.... You can't even see the difference -- "What difference does plus or minus make on a position?" .... hee... and the rest of it...

You see, the thing is... If you go in/out based on plus/minus position and without it the system doesn't work, then it's a failure, you can throw it the fuck out.

TheXpert:
You see, the thing is... If your entry/exit is based on plus/minus position and the system doesn't work without it, it means the system is not working and you can throw it away.

You don't even seem to know what I'm talking about...

You sound like an expert, don't you? Well, show me your skills. All I hear from you is angry grumbling.

I get the impression that you identify your bell tower with the centre of the world. But your world is small, and its boundaries are very narrow. But beyond those boundaries there are wide open spaces that you are simply not able to see, and therefore you cannot think in terms of those open spaces.

avtomat:

Are you sounding like an expert?

No, I'm just saying. Trying to communicate simple but not obvious things.

It is possible and even necessary to use the balance sheet in calculations if the trades involve all of the deposit and even the available profits, but these are super-risky strategies and fall into the"95%" category.

Andrew, Vladimir - there is a very simple science - the theory of automatic control.

avtomat:

Mdaaaa.... You can't even see the difference -- "What difference does plus or minus make on a position?" .... hee... and the rest in the same vein...

You, as an understander of simple things, of course, and should not see such trivialities ;)))))

well that's the answer. Balance is nothing... Even more - it's not needed at all. Trying to bow your head over it has no practical application.