The market is a controlled dynamic system. - page 75

avtomat:

The vast majority of people believe in the global randomness of market processes, that is, they simply believe that the market is random and its processes are random, without even trying to determine the numerical characteristics of this "randomness". Few people try to give some "reasoning" to this belief in the form of calculated probabilities, statistical regularities.

I take the opposite viewpoint and argue that the market is not random. The market is deterministic. Randomness in the market manifests itself only as small fluctuations in the background of deterministic evolutionary processes.

Randomness is an unknowable regularity. (Scientific folklore)

The vast majority of people believe that quotes are random and that a deterministic component can be discerned in them.

To stand on the opposite point of view and claim that the market is deterministic one has to prove it by the result of the TS.

avtomat:

I, on the other hand, take the opposite view, and argue that the market is not random. The market is deterministic. Randomness in the market manifests itself only as small fluctuations in the background of deterministic evolutionary processes.

While the statistics are not on your side ).

The market cannot be deterministic, if only for the simple reason that transactions made by market participants are stochastic.

avtomat:

The vast majority of people believe that the market is random, they just believe that it is random and that there are random variables in the market without making any attempt to quantify this randomness. Few people try to give some "justification" to this belief in the form of calculated probabilities, statistical regularities

Even the word "believes" is no longer appropriate :). The market is not random, the processes are not random, but stochastic.

TheXpert:

The market cannot be deterministic, if only for the simple reason that the transactions entered into by market participants are stochastic.

))))) all market participants decide to open a trade by flipping a coin?

Ahh, no, no, I get it - market participants do not know in advance whether they are buying or selling when they open a trade!

Schrodinger's cat is out of the box and into finance, yep!

Demi:
Don't be a moron. Refute it if you can :) stochasticity of course, not the nonsense you wrote above.

TheXpert:

Don't be a moron. Refute it if you can :)

decipher - how can trades have stochasticity?

P.S. You shouldn't have done that. I liked the cat version.

"... cleanliness is the key to health, order above all..."

the eternal struggle between "rules" and "necessity"... some people work "by the rules", some people "have to now"... someone stands in traffic in a "family car" and someone in a "tractor-trailer"... no matter what "need" happens, "need to apply the rules" is always more important than "need"... even panic has "RULES"...

DDFedor:
"... cleanliness is health, order above all..."

the eternal struggle between "rules" and "necessity"... someone works "according to the rules", someone "needs now"... someone stands in traffic in a "family car" and someone in a "tractor-trailer"... no matter what "need" happens, "need to apply the rules" is always more important than "need"... even panic has "RULES"...
we're actually having a serious conversation here - we're burying a tractor team. We don't have time for this!

Demi:

P.S. You shouldn't do that - I liked the cat version

The cat is exactly right. Just on the wrong side.

Avals:

Randomness is not a property of the system, but a property of the observer. I.e. for one, changes in a system can be deterministic (for example, if one has knowledge of the processes occurring in it and the necessary controlling information), while for another it is random if one does not have this knowledge or information, or if it is partial.

But I doubt that the past quotes are complete information, which allows to make a deterministic forecast on the market. For obvious reasons))

Quotes are, so to speak, a materialised consequence of a multitude of differently directed forces (causes):

For our purposes it is the F equilibrium which is essential. Its components Fi may behave in any way - they may resonate with each other, compensate each other, produce various effects, etc. - which is observed in the form of a stream of multidirectional news.

In this formulation, the task is greatly simplified.