[Branch closed!] EURUSD - Trends, Forecasts and Consequences (Episode 4) - page 138

Mathemat:

I am always amused by this expression of analysts: some measly 40 points (and often even less) are called a collapse.

RBC often has news like "There is a sharp fall in the Eurodollar in the FOREX market: yesterday's European session closed at 1.4457, but today it is already trading at 1.4443".

I think this is referring to the big players... If related to falling 40 pips in two minutes, that's a big jump of course...

Kolivi:
A collapse is when there is a sharp movement over a couple of seconds to a minute. A decline can go on for hours over a much longer period of time. Imho the whole argument is about terms, no more than who understands them.

Nah, it's a typical example of how the media is making a big deal out of the situation. If someone benefits from it, they call the decline a collapse etc.

Just the big guys have locked in at 1450, so they're down a bit

odiseif:
P.S. Somebody decided to buy dollar for 50 pips. Probably bought 1000 lots. Got himself some girls for the summer holidays... that's all...

And by the way I wonder if anyone trades in large volumes, who knows, I have always wondered.

I heard at one broker when an order with volume over $10m. is requested for execution, several orders open exactly at $10m. So if there is no counter purchase for the same volume, the orders will be triggered below the market price. It is not certain that the investor will be immediately in the black if the order with larger volume is executed in full. Rather the opposite, after such sharp movements the price returns.

margaret:

I'm a fan of the correction, it was a correction ...nothing more ...I did not sell the Euro pound for nothing....

odiseif:
I'm a fan of the correction, it was a correction ...no more than that ...I did not sell the Euro pound for nothing ...

I'm not arguing a correction.... The question was about the tug of fall. A correction is usually mild and this was a real closing of positions by the big players...

margaret:
I'm not arguing correction.... The question was about the tug of fall. A correction is usually mild, and this was a real closing of positions by the big players...
I have to ask zeta ...I'm not good at waves ...but I think it was something like wave C on m1

And it's too early to cover buying EUR/USD ...14570 until it pierces, the pair won't go far down ....

odiseif:
And it's too early to cover buying EUR/USD ...14570 until it pierces, the pair won't go far down ....
agree

margaret, do you think the tweet about the euR is a duck/joke or is there something to it?