Your most effective strategy? - page 5

artikul:
Good strategy )))) Especially if you know in which direction the trend will continue and what the volatility will be, so stops don't get blown out ))))

If the trend does not continue, you will find a new trend with one loss, isn't that right?

artikul:

He didn't have a Sultonov indicator )))
Good one, gave me a good laugh, thanks for the compliment.

yosuf:

If the trend does not continue, you will find a new trend, at the cost of one loss, won't you?

Who knows))) All the books say that trends last from 10%-30% of the time, so until a new trend is found, 70% of the time this TS should theoretically devote to loss)))

artikul:

Who knows)))) All the books say that trends last from 10%-30% of the time, so until a new trend is found 70% of the time this TS should theoretically devote itself to the plum ))))
I understood why as the deposit increases, the risk increases and this unsophisticated strategy suddenly turns into a martyr - because of the constant lot. If one manages to somehow reduce the lot, meaning a constant profit, regardless of the deposit, it will never turn into a martyr and will not sell out.

VladislavVG: The difference is fundamental, IMHO, of course: During forecasting a trader looks for an entry point against the current trend, because at the moment of entry only information about estimated pivot point is used. That is, the proverbial desire to catch the bottom/top.

This is your point of view, I respect it. But I cannot agree with it, because it severely limits a lot of TS with forecasting.

Right now I am building a system based on the forecast. No entries against the current trend is out of the question: the system is so dumb that there is not even a concept of a trend...

yosuf:
I understand why as the deposit increases, the risk increases and this unsophisticated strategy turns into a martishka - because of the constant lot. If one manages to somehow reduce the lot, meaning a constant profit, regardless of the deposit, it will never turn into a martyr and will not sell out.

I'm more inclined to believe that all strategies drain deposits of any size.

artikul:

Who knows)))) All the books say that trends last from 10%-30% of the time, so while a new trend is being detected 70% of the time this TS should theoretically devote to plum)))

Why do you think so, because there is a probability that after a few tries the trend will be found, the losses can only be due to the spread, and a few caught trends should justify it.

DhP:

I am more inclined to believe that all strategies drain deposits of any size.

Don't jump to conclusions, you have to set a goal - "constant profit (or loss)" and check it on a demo or real account. Is it possible to make a constant profit (loss) irrespective of the deposit? As a last resort, it is probably possible to make a permanent withdrawal of excess funds.

yosuf:

Why do you think so, because there is a probability of catching a trend after a few tries, losses can only be at the expense of the spread, and a few caught trends should justify it.

Well I didn't say that one day you won't get lucky )))) But by the law of large numbers with MO<0 and infinite number of entries into the market, the loss is inevitable ))))

artikul:

Well I didn't say that one day you won't be lucky ))))) But according to the law of large numbers with MO<0 and an infinite number of entries into the market, the loss is inevitable ))))

If you do not take action in time and allow the possibility of forming a "snowball" Who will undertake to implement this strange strategy to check?