A sub-workshop to fill in the FAQ (frequently asked questions). Let's help comrades! - page 18

sergeev:

created 350 indices, all of them are showing... I don't see a limit yet... Maybe it will stop at 1,000.
Maybe the user in his right mind won't force the terminal to do that?

I've noticed in builds up to about 200 that after a hundred of indicators new ones would stop appearing until you erase something.

sergeev:
so far it has only shown that you have to keep an eye on the code.
AMAZING level of argument!!! :))))))))))))

IgRU4ek:
Fascinating level of arguments!!! :))))))))))))

you have different functions and checks in them. this is no way to compare and get estimates of the speed.

is that a good explanation?

sergeev:

I've created 350 indices, they all show up... I don't see any limit yet... Of course, I may stop at 1000.

maybe a user in their right mind wouldn't rape the terminal like that?

350 is not enough, at 1000 it might happen. It's rare, but it does happen to some people and makes them feel like they're being ambushed.

It's in the navigator, in the main menu, not much at all.

sergeev:

I have created 350 indices, all of them are shown... I don't see the limit yet... I don't see any limit yet... Maybe it will stop at 1000.
I don't know, maybe the user in his right mind won't force the terminal to do that.

There are indicator files in the experts/indicators folder, but they are not all visible in the terminal.

Perhaps there are too many files in the folder, the terminal shows a limited number. It is necessary to free the folder from unnecessary indicators (ex4 and mq4 files).

sergeev: The second reason may be that there are errors in indicator MQL code. Therefore, the EX4 file needed by the terminal is not created.

I have an addendum to this question for very inexperienced users (I was one myself) .

If the indicator has just been placed in the folder

If you have a folder with experts/indicators when the terminal is running, it should be compiled into

MetaEditor (this will also show if there are any errors in the code), or restart the terminal (or delete any indicator you don't need from the list).

IgRU4ek:
A COLLUSSION of our people's ability to stand up for the tchk that we have been forced in one way or another (for us, naturally, credible) rather than "touching it with our hands" ourselves... :)))))))))

And what have you proven that it takes less than a second for a million operations? No one doubted that it's faster to take data from RAM than from disk. But now you need to buy arrays and add a special tool to them, which properly updates new values and new orders and deletes old ones. When the usual method can easily avoid code clutter and always have fresh data.

Roger:

And what have you proven that it takes less than a second for a million operations? No one doubted that it is faster to retrieve data from RAM than from disk. But now you have to create arrays and add a special tool to them, which correctly updates new values and new orders and deletes old ones. When the familiar method allows you to easily avoid code overload and always have fresh data.
Could you clarify the clever phrase "than from disk"? Isn't the order information stored in RAM?
And then in general there is a set of words from different areas of human knowledge - "the garden with arrays"...
Can you advise how to use the usual method of "having at hand" information about levels of virtual stops and virtual trailing stops for each order if there is more than one order and also on different currency pairs? And one can call virtual stops with trailing stops an excess. Well, what about the "fans of excesses"? :)))

It is convenient to use global variables for virtual stoplosses and takeprofits. The variable name should include the order ticket.

Is there any way to find out programmatically whether an object (trend, horizontal, custom average, etc.) is highlighted on the chart?

Thank you

How can I define swap history in an indicator?

wlad 15.06.2011 18:02

Increase the efficiency of group work

Install TeamWox Groupware and increase the efficiency of group work in your company. TeamWox Groupware allows you to store all your working information in one place: e-mails, documents, files, payments and chat history. In this way TeamWox Groupware solves the problem of data safety and convenient group work with it.

Vinin 15.06.2011 18:09 am | delete

For multicurrency there is one way, for others there is another

int start()
  {
   int    counted_bars=IndicatorCounted();
   int limit=Bars-counted_bars;
   if (limit>1) // если больше 1, то произошло изменение истории
      limit=Bars-PeriodK*K-1;

// цикл обработки
   for (int i=limit;i>=0;i--) {}
//----
   return(0);