A sub-workshop to fill in the FAQ (frequently asked questions). Let's help comrades! - page 11

granit77:
It's so beautiful... Thank you!
by the way, do you work with graphics programs? can you draw and paint the buttons in the "add comment box" question?

No, I can't do it beautifully. Like this one, not better.

This is what I did. I wrote 10 Wordov pages, spent 5 hours and then subjected everything to severe vindication and the result was this passage-guide.... I am a tough censor.) Basically, as a starting message it will probably do. So, to add some contextual references... Approximately such a story I introduce my acquaintances wishing to get acquainted with this subject. But see for yourself...

Where should a beginner start?

MetaTrader (MT) by MetaQuotes Software Corp. is free software for internet trading, technical analysis of financial markets, development and use of automated trading systems.

Currently, there are two versions of MT: MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5, which is a development of version 4. Hereinafter we will talk about the 4th version of the program (MT4).

MT4 can be downloaded and installed free of charge from the websites of companies providing internet trading services and using this trading platform. You can download MT4 directly from the website of the developer of the program.

There are also versions of MetaTrader for a number of mobile platforms. This version has somewhat reduced functionality as compared to the version for PC.

To fully use the program , after its installation, you need to connect to the trading server, indicating the number of your existing account and server address (you can check with your Internet trading service provider), or create a new demo account by filling application form and selecting the server address from the list. The work with the program is also possible without connection to the trading server and/or Internet, but in this case, you will not be able to make any requests to the trading server, receive new quotes, program updates, etc.

MT4 consists of three main modules:

- Trading terminal. The main functions: making trades, logging of trades and events, trading account management etc.

- Strategy Tester. Used for testing of trading strategies.

- Metaeditor is used for creation of technical analysis tools, data processing, and automated trading systems in MQL4.

MT4 has an intuitive interface, detailed help file and does not require special skills to perform basic trading functions. Despite this, even a simple list of all features of MT4 will take several pages, and therefore, to explore all these features, share experience, answers to emerging questions, was created a technical support site for MT4 users MQL4.community. The site has the following sections:

- MQL4 Language Reference. An indispensable helper when writing any programs in MQL4.

-The MQL4 Tutorial. This is the recommended place to start learning MQL4 for non-programmers who wish to learn how to program in MQL4.

- It containsan overview of the basic means of technical analysis of financial markets as well as the description of all technical indicators built into the terminal .

-Code Base of MQL4 programs containing more than 2700 programs (scripts, libraries, indicators and Expert Advisors) ready for use. It can serve as a good example for those who already have programming skills.

-Articles. More than 200 articles on various aspects of MT4 usage, programming in MQL4 and simple trading. Articles are written by different authors,are intended for different levels of readers' knowledge, and can be interesting to a wide audience.

-Forum. The main element of online user support. Here you can find the answer to any question regarding MT4, MQL4 language and other useful information. For quick and easy access to the information interesting to you, Forum has FAQ (structured collection of answers to the most frequently asked questions), as well we recommend you to search and other sections of . In case you fail to find the answer you are interested in, you can always ask your own question by registering on the website (please, read forum rules carefully). For a quick and correct answer, , choose the most appropriate forum thread, such as Newbie Questions, or create a new one. The thread title should always reflect the subject of your question or thread. Topics with the titles "Question", "Help!!!!" may be deleted without reply. Try to describe your problem in maximum detail, providing pictures, terminal logs and application codes, if necessary .

Sergey, who is a "newbie" MQL-programmer in your sense?

There is no need in the foreword about MT4 for MQL-beginners. I think MQL beginners are already using MT4 and are actively working with it. This article will explain where to download it from and what modules it consists of. " MT4 has an intuitive interface ..." This is 100% unnecessary.

I will take the second half of the post from the offered information for the FAC.

sergeev:

Sergey, who is a "newbie" MQL-programmer in your sense?

There is no need in the foreword about MT4 for MQL beginners. In my opinion, MQL beginners must already have MT4 and actively use it. This article will explain where to download it from and what modules it consists of. " MT4 has an intuitive interface ..." This is 100% unnecessary.

I'll take the second half of my post as a FAC.

Yeah) And why MQL and not MT? I also wrote everything in the context of MQL, and then I thought about it. This forum is now positioned by MQ as both a technical support tool and MT, a separate terminal support forum http://www.metatrader4.com/ru/forum is closed with a referral here.

If my technical knowledge and demo style suits me fine (I'm a beginner, not a writer :)), I can start with MQL for beginners either as an addition to this general idea, or instead of.

Figar0:

If the style of writing and presentation suits me (I'm a technician, not a writer :)), I can write a text about MQL for beginners either as an addition to this general idea, or instead.

I like the pitch, I like the style too (the only thing I need is less water).

As I said - the second half (from the words "- MQL4..... Language Reference") is appropriate. If you can - just add 1-2 sentences of introduction purely for MQL.

You may be right) And why MQL and not MT? I also wrote everything in the context of MQL, and then I started thinking about it.

There will of course be two sections in the FAC specifically dedicated to the Tester and the Terminal. But the number of their questions is not as large as in MQL. There is no need to devote so much text in the introduction to them.

sergeev:

the pitch is satisfactory, the style too (the only thing is less water).

as I said - the second half (from the words "- MQL4..... Language Reference") is appropriate.
If you can - just add 1-2 sentences of introduction purely for MQL.

OK, I'll redo it tomorrow.

Figar0:

OK, I'll redo it tomorrow.
Thank you

I think it would be a good idea to include in the "faq" a manual on history of quotes, download options, history downloaders, history import from other sources (for example, a step-by-step algorithm of history import from Dookie to MT4), with links to relevant scripts and third-party resources with databases of quotes. In short, all about the quotes history.

sever30:
I think it would be a good idea to include in the "faq" a manual on history of quotes, download options, history downloaders, its import from other sources (for example, a step-by-step algorithm of history import from Dookie to MT4), with links to the appropriate scripts and third-party resources with databases of quotes. In short, all about the quotes history.

Yes, this is an important point.

can you make some recommendations?