[Archive! - page 2

drknn:

I came across these poems and I was outraged by them. We're in the smoking room here, so I expressed my emotions about the object I encountered. I said it without any ulterior motive - I just had to share my indignation with someone. But now, having seen your question, I came to my senses. People come here as adults. Well, it doesn't hurt to know what's going on around us in the world. Some people's children are growing up, some are almost adults. The fact that there are poems on such subjects may make someone think about and inspect, than lives a child. They are not just poems, they are songs, which not only sound - they cultivate a certain culture in the soul, give an attitude of life. Literature has always portrayed patterns of behaviour that have been role models. And here you have such an enemy. Do you understand why I was outraged and why I could not keep quiet? Someone is deliberately tainting the psyche of our youth. Parents should be aware of this issue! In fact, it would be nice to jointly go to the site administrators and ask them to remove this crap from every site. One person just can't do it alone.
The question, of course, is serious, but it's all kind of silly and ridiculous.... This is not the way to solve such issues.

and I'm well aware that it's not fucking funny (((

Yeah.

In hindsight, it got a little scary. When I was sitting on the Sakhalin spit on a tsunami warning, there was a squelch down there, a couple of boats were swept away and that was it. It's creepy to even look at, let alone imagine myself there...

granit77:
In hindsight it is a bit scary. When I was sitting on a Sakhalin volcano on a tsunami warning, a couple of boats were swept away and that was it. It's creepy to even look at, let alone imagine myself there...

It's creepy. I don't know how it could have happened with Japan's orderliness, discipline, tsunami warning system and preparedness of its special services, etc. Tsunamis and earthquakes are not uncommon there, even if not on this scale. Why so many deaths? The economy - the hell with it, it will recover.....

It is hard to imagine what would have happened with our mentality, our hope for the unexpected and so on..... At the same time, the guilty party would have been found and reported.

Figar0:

It's creepy. But I do not understand how it could have happened with Japanese organization, discipline, tsunami warning system, preparedness of special services etc. Tsunamis and earthquakes are not uncommon there, even if not on this scale. Why so many deaths? The economy - the hell with it, it will recover.....

It is hard to imagine what would have happened with our mentality, our hope for the unexpected and so on..... But they would surely have found the guilty party and reported it.

Perhaps we are saved by chance, when everything goes according to plan, it is difficult to improvise.

ZS: We also had a storm this summer, it's going to get worse.

Figar0:

Creepy, of course. But I don't understand how it could happen with the Japanese organisation, discipline, tsunami warning system, preparedness of special services etc. Tsunamis and earthquakes are not uncommon there, even if not on this scale. Why so many human casualties...?

I have understood from watching the other recordings, that the epicentre was so close (140km off the coast), that it took literally 15 minutes from the signal to the wave (the wave speed reached 850km/hr). The sirens wailed immediately after the shock and the tsunami warning system in the coastal areas went off, but most people did not have time to do anything. So there was little chance of survival.
I don't even want to think what would have happened here, although the warning system in the Far East is still in place. The evacuation procedure in the Kuril Islands, according to stories (I haven't been there myself) takes ideally about an hour. But all the people there can fit into three trucks.

=)

Smoking nervously at the window.