[Archive! - page 102

Integer:

"To the deepest depths."

Anyway, what he meant was not to sell the raw materials.

Mathemat:

Well, you could argue here. It does take more money to eat vegetarian food in Russia than usual, especially out of season (from late autumn to late summer, ie at least 8 months of the year): fresh fruit and vegetables at this time of year are pretty price-crunching. We are not living in India, after all. There's plenty of room for yogic practices.

To put it in the vegan spirit, it's much cheaper per unit weight in winter to boil a nasty corpse with killed vegetables (borscht)...

And our climate is not exactly conducive to strict vegetarianism.

It's not. You're mistaken, Alexei.

This food is usually at least 3 times cheaper than artificial food at any time of year. You need 3 times less of it + periodic starvation. You can cut your food costs by 20 to 30 times. This can be added to the lack of costs for doctors, medicines, clothing (because it is always warm). It is also possible to take into account the time spent looking for food, the time it takes to cook it and the time it takes to eat it. Total savings can be up to 100 times compared to the usual way of life.

I have already written here that three of us in Moscow spend 7,000 roubles a month on everything.

You only need to eat seasonal and locally grown food. This will save not only money but also health.

Zhunko:

It is not. You're mistaken, Alexei.

This food is usually 3 times cheaper at any time of year. You need 3 times less of it + periodic starvation. In total, you can cut your food costs by a factor of 20 to 30. This can be added to reduce the cost of doctors, medicines, clothing (because it is always warm). It is also possible to take into account the time spent on searching for food, cooking and eating. In total, the savings can be up to 100 times those of a normal lifestyle.

It can't be. Herbivores have to gobble up hundreds of kilos of plant food to provide the energy they need. Herbivores have a much higher feed/body mass ratio than meat-eaters.

joo:
It can't be. Herbivores have to gobble up hundreds of kilos of plant food to provide the energy they need. Herbivores have a much higher feed/body mass ratio than meat-eaters.

I wrote above about digestion. Follow the link above. Humans are not herbivores. We are frugivores.

And, of course, other people's experience, as always, tells you nothing. We should argue till we're blue in the face. Try it. You can do it if you want to.

joo:
A shark, for example, may go without food for months after eating a couple of tens of kilos of seal fat.

joo:
A shark, for example, can go without food for months after eating a couple of tens of kilos of seal fat. give me an example of an herbivore that can live a similar lifestyle (eaten and not eaten for months).
Zhunko:
Wrote above about digestion. Follow the link above. Humans are not herbivores. We are frugivores.
I have a fasting record of 36 days. So you have to fast four times a year. No meat-eater can fast like that. Digestion is different.

Zhunko:

By herbivorous, I mean eating plant foods.

Zhunko:
I have a fasting record of 36 days. You have to fast like that four times a year. No meat-eater can fast like that.

No way. I know someone who fasted for 40 days and didn't even lose weight.

joo:
By herbivorous, I mean eating plant foods.
Plant foods are different. Grass, fruit and mushrooms. That's about it... Fruits are everything that is not grass. Fruits have the highest energy value.

Zhunko:
I have a fasting record of 36 days. You have to fast like that four times a year. No meat-eater can fast like that. Digestion is different.
And how do wolves, lions, sharks, polar bears live for weeks/months without food? Meat-eaters can do without food for a long time, it is the nature and specifics of nutrition (it is not every day that one can kill a roe deer), but herbivores and frugivores are forced to eat constantly - starving is unnatural for them.