[Archive! - page 318

Integer:
ideological regime

... without ideology ) Batska already feels like he doesn't know what he wants.

Panic detected. In the third paragraph.

Don't be shy - PR it, acquire it.

>

PapaYozh:

I'll continue the harassment :)

After perusing the Mastermind City forum, came to the conclusion that:

- a welding inverter can be used for welding, setting the current to about 30A;

- As the graphite electrode will do graphite brush from the electric. engine.

Is it right?

What is the flux? Rosin as for soldering?

Carbon electrodes are sold in welding shops and are easier to weld, but you can use any oblong piece of graphite.
Flux is sold in radio and welding shops, for gas welding and high-temperature brazing. If not available, borax or boric acid will do.

PapaYozh:

I'll continue the harassment :)

After perusing the Mastermind City forum, came to the conclusion that:

- a welding inverter can be used for welding, setting the current to about 30A;

- As a graphite electrode will do graphite brush from an electric motor.

Right?

What is the flux? Rosin as in soldering?

My parents bought a tube radio back in the day - a Record 60, still in working order by the way. My first experience with radio technology was to look at the guts... When I tried to solder something off, it didn't work. As it turned out all the circuitry was copper-welded! Anyway, I heard somewhere that it was done with a graphite electrode.

Integer:
Do you need flux when welding?
I still don't know, although I've been using a welding machine for a long time, maybe what the electrode is coated with is flux. Although they weld without it, only in a stream of carbon dioxide if the metal is ferrous, or inert (argon) gas if it is non-ferrous.

Prolon:
I still don't know, although I have been using a welding machine for a long time, maybe the electrode is coated with flux. Although they weld without it, only in a stream of carbon dioxide if the metal is ferrous, or inert (argon) gas if it is non-ferrous.

It seems so - the electrode coating is flux. Looked on the internet about welding, and flux is needed for welding, not everything is as simple as it seems.

Prolon:
I still don't know, although I have been using a welding machine for a long time, maybe the electrode is coated with flux. Although they weld without it, only in a stream of carbon dioxide, if black metal, or inert (argon) gas, if non-ferrous.

This is what I found: I.2 Welding of copper bars and electrical wiring Hand-arc welding with a carbon electrode

Integer:

That seems to be the case - the electrode coating is the flux. I looked on the internet about welding, and flux is needed for welding, but it's not as simple as it sounds.

Flux is needed to protect against oxygen.

At any rate, that is the role of a coated steel welding electrode.

A recipe I came across a long time ago, as I recall a mixture is made from some very accessible materials. Any low-grade wire is used to make electrodes, dipped into the mixture, dried, and you get full-fledged welding electrodes for welding without a machine. Only the electrode has to be ignited, then the thermite mixture burns and melts the electrode and heats up the welding spot.