[Archive! - page 252

Svinozavr:

I heard about the initiative of Zhirik and some other lethal mutants for the return of the fifth column - nationality.

Honestly, guys. I don't get it. What the hell is nationality in the 21st century?

WHERE IS THE CRITERION OF IDENTIFICATION? Pardon the obfuscation. Let us be logical. There are two approaches for defining nationality:

1. The socio-cultural paradigm. If a person describes him/herself as belonging to this paradigm then he/she belongs to this paradigm ... but to what? Intoxicated drunkenness, cheapskate behavior, subservient contempt (just like Dostoyevsky's demons) for those who are lower on the social storey? This is a portrait of a nation. So I don't really belong to it. I won't even take a shit next to them. Right, right, I'm about to be reminded of Alexander Sergeyevich, Lev Nikolayevich, Sortir Sotirych.... What's that got to do with anything? About this - I assure you - no one remembers. Even if they are tortured, they will not remember.

2. Genotype. ok. let us create a reference genome for each nation (and it is thousands - here is space for fundraising!). And if you get a passport without this check, you will be fined. Unconscious. There will be such medical committees which will check how many fractions of what blood a person has. Like this: And the result is that you, you have, like, 0.005% more Assyrian blood than Tatar. Ergo, you're Assyrian.

There are no nations anymore! Not even talking about myself - I don't know what nationality I am. Do I have to write in the fifth column "not established"?

===

It's not even about those things I listed.

WHY? I mean, WHY?

I had a friend who did the same thing. A Jew, quite well known in the bohemian scene. Born in the Solovki, that sort of thing. In the last census, he listed his nationality: Euro-Russian. He's been gone for half a year and complained to me three months before that the synagogue wouldn't register him as a Jew. They want his papers... and he doesn't have one:(.

tara:

I had a friend who did the same thing. A Jew, quite well known in the bohemian scene. Born in the Solovki, that sort of thing. In the last census, he listed his nationality: Euro-Russian. He's been gone for half a year and complained to me three months before that the synagogue wouldn't register him as a Jew. They want his papers... and he doesn't have one.
Well, I am not a Jew (and also not a Russian - a mix of Poles and Bulgars), but why did you write this post? You wanted to express something - what?

Svinozavr:
Well, I don't know much about the subject - I'm not Jewish (nor am I Russian - just a mix of Poles and Bulgars), but why did you write this post? You wanted to express something - what?

I already did :(

Forget it.

tara:

Already expressed :(

Bygones.

You seem to have a problem with that. Something in your head is pro-Khanovian-crazy. (chuckles) Okay. None of my business.

Svinozavr:
You seem to have a problem with it. There's something in your head that's pro-Khanoff-crazy. All right. None of my business.

Peter, my wife (ex-wife) once told me a cautionary tale.

The taxi driver was chatty and tongue-tied. He said she was very sad and that it would make her feel better to share.

She thought about it and laughed: "I'll share it, and he'll get out of the car and hang himself". (there were problems)

tara:

Peter, my wife (ex) once told me a cautionary tale.

The taxi driver was chatty and tongue-tied. He said she was very sad and that it would make her feel better to share.

She thought about it and laughed: "I'll share it, and he'll get out of the car and hang himself". (problems were there).

))) I wouldn't even scratch my head. I've heard worse (at least!). I've lived a long time.

What? Is it weird to look at reality like that? There's all kinds of characters running around. I'm not the worst.

"I'll forgive everything if I want to understand. And I will understand everything if I want to forgive." // Venja

Svinozavr:

I'm not the worst.

I am aware of it.

By the way, search engines are not aware of my political leanings - apparently only the visible :)

Okay.

What do you think of BadminGton? It's a masterpiece.

Svinozavr:

Okay.

What do you think of Badminton? It's a masterpiece.

Peter: 30 seconds of shame - I don't know anything about BadminGton :(

Diagnosis?

Svinozavr: What the hell is nationality in the 21st century?
When I renewed my passport, I wrote "mathematician" under "nationality". I'll fucking be, I really will!