[Archive! - page 249

granit77:

I remember, we had big signs at our central metro stations. And the metro was named after Lenin and decorated with orders.

The maximum density of morass was at the Finland Station.

Leningrad's Lenin Order Metro. Lenin Square station.

Svinozavr:

"...A flag that flies high in the air.

A flag that looks like a bathing suit and smells musty." // BG "Electric Dog"

Ha! I found a fun rendition of that song. Check it out! )))

Doesn't get it :(

And there's a little bit of 2-12-85-06 at the end.

Mischek:

I remember, we used to have big signs at our central metro stations. And the metro was named after Lenin and decorated with orders.

The maximum density of morass was at the Finland station.

Leningrad's Lenin Order Metro. Lenin Square station.

But in your underground, I heard an announcement:

"Dear citizens and guests of the city! If you see a person with a white cane, don't walk past..." and then something about helping people. And I've been travelling in the metro in Moscow, but I've never seen any announcements like that.

PapaYozh:

Doesn't get it :(

And then there's a piece from 2-12-85-06 at the end.

Yeah. Yeah, it does.
Actually, I like the original version better. It was just for fun.

PapaYozh:

Cheating is not good. Cheating the bosses is even worse.

But it's a creative idea.

paukas:

Cheating is not good. Deceiving your bosses is even worse.

But the idea is creative

There must be intimate moments in a person's life. Voting is one of them.

PapaYozh:

There must be intimate moments in a person's life. Voting is one of them.

That's for sure. Whoever is voted for, intimacy is guaranteed in the country.

S&M Group )

granit77:
.... And this is just one example.....))

Here is another example of the current reality.

In the early 2000s, I was the owner of a small commercial firm. A couple or three retail stalls in some not-so-busy locations. One day, after a 3-week holiday (went to the "sea") with surprise, I found out that while I was resting, almost all of my stalls have passed into the hands of other owners (former employees of the firm).

The contract of sale (or rather, the contract almost gratuitous gift!!!) and other transfer acts were made out allegedly by me, on those dates, when I was thousands of miles away from my hometown (attached to the case airline tickets).

The 2 year civil trial did nothing. The parallel criminal case on my statement against swindlers was suspended 4 times with amazing consistency! And then - "it was lost..." (from the rayon UVD response).

The scammers in court and in the Department of Internal Affairs were twisting like worms under the boot. After forensic analysis (in my favour), swindlers once again changed their testimony. And when the judge (appeal. Instance) pronounced judgement in favour of swindlers and before it said (I quote): "so what that your (ie swindlers) defendants change their testimony for the third time! Their lies are a normal form of defence in litigation" (end of quote)

I spat and stopped fighting. I finally realized, on the third year of litigation, that I was not fighting against specific swindlers but against the rat system. A system where everything has been turned upside down.

And most likely this system will continue to exist in Russia for a decade or two, until a new generation takes over and there is a gradual transition to a more civilized state of morality.