Catching a reversal or correction - page 12

artmedia70:
And since this pattern works on large TFs, it will be the underlying pattern that sets the direction for work on smaller TFs, where the rest of the work will be done.
After breaking through a fractal-two there is usually stuttering of the price or generally going to one or at least three.

alexey15:

Anyway, I like this 1-2-3 pattern, ...

Man, this post of mine is self-defeating. It's bullshit. Bullshit. A myth. Bullshit and provocation. I do NOT like this pattern anymore. I made myself to believe in it, and also made myself believe that 1 sl = 5% of deposit on the pattern 1-2-3 on m15 timeframe will be absolutely safe, I funded one micro account with 100 quid, one week was enough to drain most of the deposit, I did not increase lot, did not decrease, used 5% of the original 100 quid, as charged 12 sl + 4 points respectively from 16 consecutive trades, the remainder of the deposit tested in the same pattern, but at m1 timeframe with martingale. Went down to 1 dollar in half a day. :-)))

If 5% is wrong MM, then I don't know, maybe the correct one is 0,1% per trade, on d1 timeframe, to make 1-2% profit per year with difficulty...

I'm going to play blackjack or something and double the deposit a couple of times... I don't need to wait for news releases, and it works on weekends, and 1000 "trades" a day, and "pattern" "21" works more often than in Forex... eh :-(

alexey15:

Man, this post of mine is self-defeating. I mean bullshit. Bullshit. Myth. Bullshit and provocation. I do NOT like this pattern anymore. I made myself to believe in it, and also made myself believe that 1 sl = 5% of deposit on the 1-2-3 pattern at m15 timeframe will be absolutely safe. I poured 100 quid on one micro account, one week was enough to drain the greater part of the deposit, I neither increased a lot, nor reduced, used 5% of the original 100 quid, as charged 12 sl + 4 TP respectively out of 16 consecutive transactions, the remainder of the deposit tested in the same pattern, but at m1 timeframe with martingale. Went down to 1$ in half a day. :-)))

Well if 5% is the wrong MM, dunno, probably the right one then would be 0.1% per trade, on tf d1, to barely make 1-2% profit per year...

I'm going to play blackjack or something and double the deposit a couple of times... I don't need to wait for news releases, and it works on weekends, and 1000 "trades" a day, and "pattern" "21" works more often than in Forex... eh :-(

1-2-3 is a trend pattern, i.e., it indicates the expected moment of trend formation. Hence a number of implications:

1. The ratio of stop and take should be at least - opposite to the one you selected, as long as you decided to use the take, instead of using counter signals (tracking correction of the trend and its reversals).

2. The detection of a dozen unidirectional patterns in a row, which are not interrupted by counter signals, does not mean that it would be rational to open a dozen unidirectional market orders. On the contrary, it is a direct way to the sinking (here I disagree with Paukas - what will happen?!).

3. The combination of martin with this pattern, to put it mildly, is inappropriate and causes irreparable harm.

4. and a number of other consequences, determined, for example, by mutual location of patterns and/or the dynamics of change in their characteristics in a series.

alexey15:

as charged 12 sl + 4 tp respectively out of 16 consecutive trades

then try trading backwards )

alexey15:

Man, this post of mine is self-defeating. I mean bullshit. Bullshit. Myth. Bullshit and provocation. I do NOT like this pattern anymore. I made myself to believe in it, and also made myself believe that 1 sl = 5% of deposit on the pattern 1-2-3 on m15 oilf will be absolutely safe, I funded one micro account with 100 quid, a week was enough to drain most of the deposit, I did not increase the lot, I used 5% of the original 100 quid, as charged 12 sl + 4 тп respectively from 16 consecutive trades, the remainder of the deposit tested in the same pattern, but at m1 oilf with martingale. Went down to 1 dollar in half a day. :-)))

Well if 5% is the wrong MM, dunno, probably the right one then would be 0.1% per trade, on tf d1, to barely make 1-2% profit per year...

I'm going to play blackjack or something and double the deposit a couple of times... I don't need to wait for news, and it works on weekends, and 1000 "trades" a day, and "pattern" "21" works more often than in Forex... eh :-(

Who with bare feet to the machine gun? The first thing to do is to fill in after a deep break-even, etc. As we get to the plus side and stop at breakeven, we can fill in several times. As the gap goes to the plus and the stop loss can be topped up several times. Otherwise of course ...

Gerasimm:
Who would go to a machine gun with bare feet? The first thing to do is to fill in after a deep break-even, etc. As we get to the plus side and stop at breakeven, we can fill in several times. As the gap goes to the plus and the stop loss can be topped up several times. Otherwise of course ...
So does anyone have any boots on the ground ... :) Or at least patterns with measurements still shouzhes, so it was possible to zakodit chego sneezes (start boots for stomping machine guns to build)

artmedia70:
So does anyone have any boots... :) Or at least patterns with measurements of these boots, so that we can already zakodit something (to begin to build boots for machine gun stomping)
I'm still leaning towards adjustable fractals. There are no other ways I know how to find the input, but it is necessary to play around with the output.

Gerasimm:
I'm still leaning towards adjustable fractals. There's no other way I know of to find an entry, but the exit needs to be played with.
Yeah. Thinking along similar lines...

Gerasimm:
I am still inclined to adjustable fractals, there is no other way I know how to find entry, but we should play with the exit.
How much and on what factors does adjusting fractals depend?

I understand you want to adjust the configuration of fractal 2-2, 3-3, 4-4... or 2-3, 2-4, 2-5... or 3-2, 4-2, 5-2... and their combinations?

Under what circumstances should one look for various configurations of fractals that are not "common" and what conclusions should one draw when finding them?

My vision concerning the entries is as follows: first we look for the 1-2-3 pattern on, say, a weekly chart and then we find a pullback on a slower timeframe, wait for its termination and after breaking through the price consolidation level and if it happened approximately at the 23.6 Fibo level (Fibo opponents may laugh), we enter.

Gerasimm:
I'm still leaning towards adjustable fractals. There are no other ways I know of to find the entry, but the exit needs to be played with.
With the right entry the exit is not so important.