Catching a reversal or correction - page 11

sever30:
:)
About the slag or the sale? :о)

Gerasimm:

With all due respect to sever30 the "1-2-3-pattern" indica from the first page is a slag, to put it mildly. It's not even worth bothering with settings - it's a dead-end algorithm.You should do something completely different, but so far I personally haven't given birth to it...And I'll sell the eurik on Monday :o)...

For me in general the possibility of "tuning" is a bit strange... tune what? The market behavior? Where is the uniqueness then? The fact that you can "tweak" something in the tool - will the market adjust to our tweaking? No, gentlemen of the jury... I think there should not be any settings: a pattern - it is either created or not more or less, or it does not exist.

Otherwise, some strange thoughts come to mind about a slightly/slightly/smallly pregnant wife... She's either pregnant or she's not.

Gerasimm:
About the slag or the sale? :о)
I wasn't thinking, read it and smiled.

artmedia70:

It's a bit strange for me to be able to "customise" at all... tune what? Market behaviour? Where is the uniqueness then? Just because we can "tweak" something in a turkey, does that make the market adjust to our tweaking??? No, gentlemen of the jury... I think there should not be any settings: a pattern - it is either created or not more or less, or it does not exist.

Otherwise, some strange thoughts come to mind about a slightly/slightly/smallly pregnant wife... She's either pregnant or she's not.

The only possible setting there is the minimum number of bars between the first and third point.

In my system it happens that if there is a signal for reversal, the price seems to reverse, but then goes back to the wrong direction and creates uncertainty, which should always be fought with a stop or breakeven)

tara:
The only possible setting there is the minimum number of bars between the first and third point.
More logically, the maximum number of bars between each subsequent point... Otherwise you could also put a year between them, eh? And the minimum distance - it won't be less than the next bar anyway.

In general, I like this pattern 1-2-3, I like the fact that it really gives more correct signals than false. I also like the fact that each subsequent entry does not depend on the result of a previous entry, it is cool, it means that you can afford to fuck up one or more of these signals and it will not change anything. I don't like that (as described in the article) pp is smaller than sl (I'm going to handle it with partial exits - the first partial exit equals (2/3)*sl, second exit = sl*2, third and last = 4-5*sl in case of sharp moves), I also do not like that it works on small TFs, ie, works like a coin, absolutely, 50/50%. So it turns out that we have to work only on large ones. It is even good, because working on large TFs will allow us to hammer the spread, that in its turn will allow us to work on many pairs (as it was noticed above) and even on such a beautiful highly volatile pair with high spreads like fui :-) or fuchf for example.) And then it follows - why do we need an Expert Advisor, if we need to go to the terminal once every couple of hours at most?

alexey15:

In general, I like this pattern 1-2-3, I like the fact that it really gives more correct signals than false. I also like the fact that each subsequent entry does not depend on the result of a previous entry, it is cool, it means that you can afford to fuck up one or more of these signals and it will not change anything. I don't like that (as described in the article) pp is smaller than sl (I'm going to handle it with partial exits - first partial exit equals (2/3)*sl for example, second exit = sl*2, third and last = 4-5*sl in case of sharp moves), I also do not like that it works on small TFs, i.e. works like a 50/50% coin. So it turns out that we have to work only on large ones. It is even good, because working on large TFs will allow us to hammer the spread, that in its turn will allow us to work on many pairs (as it was noticed above) and even on such a beautiful highly volatile pair with high spreads like fwd :-) or fuchf for example.) And then it follows - why do we need an Expert Advisor, if we need to go to the terminal once every couple of hours at most?

Well, they are too lazy for that :-) So they do not want to approach the terminal :o). The thing that annoys me is that it is impossible to mechanize, but everything is OK.

Gerasimm:
Well, so lazy as hell :O). Here you do not want to go :o). And it ' s really very comfortable on a big one.
Why all of a sudden? I'm about to mechanise everything. If only there was something... :)

And since this pattern works on large TFs, it will be the underlying pattern that sets the direction for work on smaller TFs, where the rest of the work will be done.