That's interesting - page 14

TheXpert:

Wrong here - the restriction is only valid for literals. You can check it with this script:

You forgot to put a delimiter in the s variable as well.

hrenfx:
Wrong. There are almost no limitations.

Quote from the MQL4 handbook:

A string constant is a sequence of ASCII characters enclosed in double quotes: "Character constant". A string constant is an array of characters enclosed in double quotes. It is of type string. If a double inverted comma (") must be entered into a string then it must be preceded by a backslash (\). Any special character constants preceded by a backslash (\) can beentered into the string . The length of a string constant is between 0 and 255 characters. If a string constant exceeds the maximum length, the extra characters on the right are discarded and a warning is issued by the compiler.

Yurixx:

The length of the string constant is from 0 to 255 characters.

That's right, this restriction applies to string constants. But not string variables.

FreeLance:

Regardless of the "opinion of the court" - thank you for the topic. The topic is also useful because in forex, there are already established "misconceptions/rules" - like, pick your nearest and dearest and forget about the observation... That's how the industry works. and its press is just as sensitive here.

Stol simply teaches to pay attention to the nuggets, while the industry is bulldozing - sometimes without noticing what it is trampling into the mud. Vain attempts to prove the "normality" of the wandering market indirectly prove Stoll right as well.

The researcher need not be biased.

Stoll simply hands over the entry from his notebook - "to sort out..." to us.

Everyone is free to scratch that entry out.

But even scratched out, it won't let you miss the pattern.

And thank you again!

You're welcome. The topic itself is really interesting.

NYC:

Man, what are you all, I just put it out there without any great ideas. I wanted to show how quickly everything takes shape in the human brain.

And the work really is very interesting, thank you.

Don't mind us, we're in combat mode :o)

Yurixx:

Sergey, your option is totally unrealistic.

There are 1440 minutes in a day, so 7200 in a trading week. One Close + separator is 8 characters. So, the total number of characters in a week is 7200x8=57600. This is the length of string you will have in the file.

FileWrite(hndl, ..., ...) can handle up to 63 parameters. If you add Close to it, nothing will work at all. These Close parameters must be formed into a string and 63 such string parameters must be used in the FileWrite(hndl, ..., ...) procedure. However, the string parameter can only be 255 characters long. 63x255=16065 characters, that is about 28% of what you need. In short, there is no way to write a 57600 character long string to the file from MT.

Think of some other torture, not so sophisticated. :-))

CORRECTED: OK, I'll think about it. I didn't immediately understand the limitation :o)

About the discussion.

There are always conservatives and progressives. Arguing between them is an utterly stupid thing to do. All the more so arguing by word of mouth. Until some of the local conservatives do their own construction of distributions, with their hands and ears washed, no period, and other details - they know what they are, their opinion remains just an opinion. Just like the opinions of progressives. So why argue? Everyone has every right to rush around with their opinions as much as they want. And there is no reason to quarrel. And the enthusiasts of Schnoll's ideas will check their validity without these arguments.

It's a perfectly mundane idea of mine. I'm sure it makes sense. The fact that no one has been able to prove to Shnolu in 50 years that he "makes an ugly one", also says something. And he is a good listener and has done more for basic science than many conservatives. Anyway.

HideYourRichess:

. Of course there are "problematic situations - purely practical". But, to reiterate what I said earlier, this problematic situation is not in the methodology of the matstat (theory), but in the scope of its application (practice). This situation, not understanding simple truths, arises all the time, and on this forum as well. People get strange results in practice, and without blinking an eye start looking for errors in theory, not in their experiments.

It seems to me that you just don't get any further than simple truths. When you get an estimate of the distributions for a series - each is valid, and differ by fractions. What a fucking misunderstanding. And selecting will lead to completely different results.

. By process identification you mean something completely different from what I mean.

I'm not interested in what you mean by that.

I suggest that you meditate on Shiryaev's phrase and feel all the genius of it. Do you really think that Mr. Shiryaev asked frenzied traders, pointing his finger at the screen, "what is this process?", do you really think he meant something like, - "Dear traders, tell me please, what is this line on the screen, and what is its AR(p)? No, "Shiryaev meant something completely different".

Don't upset me with your stupidity of misunderstanding. Tired of reading your assumptions about me. Otherwise I'll start making assumptions for you. Do you think that's right? I get the feeling that you are very, very far from practice.

. I can't resist a quip here, because Shiryaev is a real academic, unlike Schnoll.

Sorry, but Schnoll has done more for science than you and no less than a "real academic". He writes clearly and precisely what his work is, where it came from and why he continued all his life. His main activity is different. At least the country owes (among other things) to him the emergence of a new and necessary department at Moscow State University. Why are you sneering here?

And also, on this subject. I will retell in my own words one story (almost textbook), which may help with the understanding of "identification". Secondly, it probably has something to do with Schnoll's experiments. Thirdly, it demonstrates the stated thesis about "the effect of monthly lab assistants on the quality of the experiment". This story happened a long time ago, in the Soviet years. A factory was built for the production of lamps. Over the years, I do not remember whether it was just incandescent or radio lamps. But it is not important. The main thing that the process of production of lamps has been adjusted, production from the conveyor was released in good quality. And then, one day, the quality dropped dramatically. For no apparent reason. A long investigation, inspections, etc. followed. Nothing was found. Then it turned out that a neighbouring department store had sold a salted herring. The workers were buying herring, touching it, eating it, etc. And as a result, the quality of the bulbs went bad. That's the way it is.

Yeah, Schnoll left crumbs, didn't wipe his hands, ate herring, and then measured up afterwards. What the fuck else are you gonna write?

. What's that got to do with it? I won't say about any proteins, - I don't know, but about alpha radiation, - don't you see yourself that the results of these experiments were influenced by cosmic (relic) radiation. The radiation is there. Usually one tries to isolate oneself from it. For the purity of the experiment. And here what we see, according to Schnoll's descriptions. They're measuring something they're interested in. And they measure "cosmic radiation" along with it (read, they bought herrings). And then they wring their hands and write, "it turns out - it affects". Clearly the doughnut is going to have an effect. Clearly, during an eclipse the flux of solar radiation is shielded by the moon. Clearly this can be seen in the results. My immediate question is - so what? It's supposed to be like that.

You're so stubborn. Am I looking for a cosmic pattern on fox? No. I'm interested in Schnoll's work in a different context.

. What should we do? A forum is a public place, all sorts of scoundrels came and stomped all over the place, that's how it always is. :)

You think you're stomping on Schnoll like that? You're showing yourself.

. Sextantism, in simple terms, is the lack of a critical eye to the subject of belief. Nobody bothered to read the work of an academician and evaluate what he had read. No, there were talks in the spirit (I exaggerate here) that the shrewd genius has seen what others do not see. Here, the lonely genius, practically revolutionized science. And retrogrades are oppressing the Academician. etc. I perfectly understand a personal psychological background of these conversations, but after all it is necessary already when to grow up.

You're exaggerating everything. It's easier for you, you don't have to go into it and understand it - and you want to write, you're a writer by nature (I don't know where to put the accent). Although, you know, I think you're more likely a teacher. Bad teachers have qualities inherent in you.

. Guys, this is ridiculous. Like conversations in the yard, from my childhood, watching a couple of foreign sounding films - there was a harsh discussion - and who will kill who, brusli or chaknoris.

What are you talking about? Should I order the services of a psychic to understand what thoughts you have in your head, and what is left of them until your hands reach the keyboard?

Candid:
Sextants:)

:о)))))) Well, our teacher pissed himself. It happens.

Good to see you. Get in.

hrenfx:
Exactly, this restriction applies to string constants. But not on string variables.

I've already encountered this restriction once. Obviously, I used a variable, not a constant, to arrange the output.

But if you are so sure, make a script for Sergei. It's quite simple, after all. All you have to do is run through the history and save Close in a csv file in the appropriate format. What's so hard?

to Yurixx

Can we go by day instead of by week, i.e. a matrix for 10 years would be about

1440x3650

Or is there a limit on rows too?

Farnsworth:

Can we then go by day rather than by week, i.e. a matrix for years 10 years, would be about

1440x3650

No offence, this approach is rubbish. I do a simultaneous study of tens of financial instruments in Mathcad and I do not get such huge matrices. You cannot solve it straightforwardly.

In your case, the solution is as follows:

You write data in MQL4, so that at any time interval the amount of data is equal. For example, always 1440 M5 bars in a week. I.e. holes are filled with previous price values (of course, Saturdays and Sundays are not taken into account. Holidays are taken into account (constant price)).

Then in MathCad you can handle such data very easily - just a long vector. And you won't be bound to the length of the interval in question: day or week. You can specify any interval at all. Generally speaking, it's just as I've described here.