Who trades on the Live LAVINA system? DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY LOSSES? - page 7

zhuki:
Placing a lock is like taking a loss. How to get rid of it. If the result is a lock, what is the point of having such a system? It seemed to me that the avalanche should not be related to the history. As for the levels, you can think about it.

Read what I wrote - it takes time for a flat to end - you have to stop trading - how to do that. Take a loss - the position is already at a loss. Bare mechanics - is it not possible to introduce time factor into the EA?

Adding - the depo should grow all the time and the critical number of flips - although this does not rule out partial withdrawal of D.C.

IgorM:

You don't want to think either.

Let me try it this way:

Let the average of 12 bars on M5 be 100pts and in an avalanche you set a distance of 100pts - what will happen to the avalanche?

Let's assume that the average value of 12 bars on M5 is 100 ppts, and you have set a distance of 50 ppts in an avalanche - what will happen to the avalanche?

Let's say the average value of 12 bars on M5 is 100p and you set a distance of 30p in an avalanche - what will happen to the avalanche?

ZS: 12 bars M5 = 1 hour.

And you will learn to ask questions. "What will happen to an avalanche" - what does it mean. What is meant by the word avalanche? The word seems to denote some kind of trading system formulated in the Avalanche thread. So you can say unambiguously that nothing will happen to this system, especially since the branch has already been abandoned and is unlikely to undergo any significant changes.

Tantrik:
Flat, triangles are patterns where the main factor is time - lack of news, uncertainty. After 2 or 3 flips - trade stops for a certain period of time, for example three days - i.e. lock is placed and removed after three days and trade continues all the time in a channel of the same width. How to optimize the time period on the history....
I may have misunderstood you. What does it mean to put a lock, and then remove it? Do you suggest waiting for the breakout of the flat? Then you need some criteria that this flat is over.

khorosh:

And you will learn to ask the questions. "What will happen with an avalanche" - what does it mean. What is meant by the word avalanche? The word seems to refer to some system of trading formulated in the Avalanche thread. So you can say unequivocally that nothing will happen with this system, especially since the branch has already been abandoned and is unlikely to undergo any significant changes.

In addition/correction to my previous post:

...what will happen to the avalanche/how many flips will there be?

zhuki:
I may be misunderstanding you . Explain what it means to put the lock, and then removed. Do you suggest to wait for the broker to break out of the flat? Then we need some criteria that this flat is over.
I apologize for my opponent - a flat is over when an asymmetrical lock (i.e. a lock does not just close the loss with an equal volume by the opposite order, but with abigger order which aims to break even) starts to make profit/losses by a certain equity percentage (0.03% of equity change is usually enough to make a decision)

IgorM:

in addition/correction to my previous post:

!00 pips is that the difference between the high and low of the total hourly candle?

IgorM:

in addition/correction to my previous post:

Depends on where you opened? Maybe it was a profit twice, or maybe it was a loss. And what does M5 have to do with it? For Avalanche the timeframe is irrelevant as well as the number of bars.

khorosh:
!00 pips - is that the difference between the high and low of a cumulative hourly candle?

If it's easier for you, then so be it, although there is no difference in time frame, only continuous price movement without visible/feasible reversals is of interest

zhuki:
I may have misunderstood you. Explain what it means to put a lock and then take it off. Are you suggesting to wait for the exit from the flat? Then we need some criteria to know that this flop is over.
There are no criteria. The continuous flight is dangerous for this system and it evolves in one channel for some time. And it is quite unlikely that it will happen again soon with this very channel width. The next flat will be for another avalanche, probably with the width of 100 pips. So wait for the break out of the flat - of course the bigger break the better - but something optimal should be chosen ...

IgorM:

Sorry to answer for your opponent - a flat is over when an asymmetrical lot (i.e. a lot is not just closing a loss with an opposite order of equal volume, but with abigger order to break-even) starts to bring in profits/losses by a certain percentage of equity (usually enough to make a decision 0.03% change in equity)

Then it is not a lock but an Avalanche. If you follow the rules, it would be a partial lock. Call everything by its own name, or it is not clear.

zhuki:
It depends on where you open? You may be at profit twice, or you may be in the red. And what does M5 have to do with it? For Avalanche the time frame is not important, neither is the number of bars.

There - a bright idea!

now even closer to the subject of an avalanche:

- there are strategies that trade trends

- there are strategies that trade counter-trends

- there are strategies that trade correlation properties ...

- there are strategies that trade ....

what does avalanche trade?

zhuki:
Then it's not a lock but an Avalanche. If the rules say it's a partial lock. I'm not sure if you can't call it by its proper name.

I call it by those names that make sense in trading - a lock closed by an equal volume counter-order is an existing loss-making first order plus a spread for a second order that does not solve anything - i.e. just stupidity, close the first order immediately and do not make it up

If the second order is not equal to the volume of the first losing/blocked order, it means you are locking the loss. it does not matter, lock is not an antithesis, it is a strategy.