Help is needed to get the "Russian Fires 2010" portal up and running quickly. (russian-fires.ru). - page 5

Swetten:

But now there is a market economy and total freedom.

But now there are taxpayers with entitlements all around.

That's roughly what it looks like.

There were no forest fires under communism? Did Brezhnev have them banned by decree? Tell us.

gip:
There were no forest fires under communism? Did Brezhnev have them outlawed by decree? Tell us.

Of course there wasn't. Under the communists there was nothing at all. Only scarcity.

1. In the USSR there was an extremely systematic thing: preventive measures -- forestry (clear-cutting, ploughing, etc.), monitoring -- excellent aerial reconnaissance, and extinguishing equipment proper (parachute firemen with TNT, bulldozers and other special equipment, not fire trucks and bicycle pumps filled with water).

For the private owner, all this is an unaffordable cost. Even if a hundred or two people die -- it's cheaper.

2. If there was a situation that threatened to get out of hand, this was it:

The hot summer of 1972.

Among the catastrophic fires of the last 30 years we can mention the disaster of 1972, when forest and peat fires engulfed more than a dozen regions of central Russia. The fire burned on the area of 1800 thousand hectares. In the Gorki region 460 thousand hectares of forests burned out, in the Mari Autonomous Republic - 195 thousand, in the Moscow and Penza regions 25 thousand hectares each.

The extreme fire season was characterised by high temperatures, critically low relative humidity, moderate to strong winds and exceptionally low precipitation. Even the winter of that year was unusually mild. In some areas, the last snowfall was in December. February saw astonishingly sunny days. Spring and summer passed without rain. Temperatures in the shade exceeded 30 degrees. Due to unusually dry and hot weather, which persisted for a long time in many regions of central Russia, mass forest and peat fires broke out as early as July, and in August they took on the character of a natural disaster. In the third decade of August more than 650 thousand hectares of forest, about 35 thousand hectares of peat tracts, and 4900 stacks of peat were engulfed by fire in these regions.

When the entire Moscow region went up in smoke, the regional committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union set up a firefighting headquarters. It was headed by the First Secretary of the Regional Committee V.I. Konotop. People's controllers were brought to their feet. The whole country helped to fight the fire. Marshal Grechko, the then Minister of Defence, moved to Shatura temporarily to live there, so did Konotop. A system was at work, which had everything: people, equipment and discipline. And yet, 19 villages burned down in the Moscow region alone. And more than 70 thousand people were involved in extinguishing fires, including 24 thousand military personnel. The fire was a terrible harvest: forest and peat fires took the lives of 104 people in the Moscow Region. There was so much smoke that the Ministry of Railways had to change train routes on the approaches to the capital. A meeting of the Politburo of the CPSU Central Committee considered the question: why had the fires spread from the peat bogs to the forests? The fact that the First Deputy Minister of Defence of the USSR was put in charge of firefighting at the meeting of the country's highest political body testifies to the stringent measures that were taken. The burning areas were divided into squares and nine specially mobilized pipeline brigades were brought in. Water was supplied through the pipes continuously in all directions, and the outcome of the "battle" was decided.

http://www.kbzhd.ru/education/index.php?ID=8497

Quite informative.

P.S. gip, how old are you, if not a secret? Where do you reside?

P.P.S. And yes, I almost forgot: firefighters used to be part of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, not the incomprehensible MES. After another reform, carried out by effective managers, we have this. And I'm guessing this is just the beginning.

So the right way.

gip:
There were no forest fires under communism? Did Brezhnev have them banned by decree? Tell us.

There was no communism.

And since there was no communism, there were no fires under communism.

Swetten:

by efficient managers, we've got this. And I think this is just the beginning.

So the right way.

Well, it's not exactly the beginning. At least it's not the beginning.

Personally, Russia reminds me of the USSR before its demise.

PapaYozh:

Personally, today's Russia reminds me of the USSR before its demise.

What was the USSR like before its demise?

Swetten:
And what was the USSR like before its demise?

Power had broken away from the people.

People did not like the government.

PapaYozh:

The government was disconnected from the people.

How did this manifest itself?

The people did not like the government.

People always and under any system do not like power.

RomanS:

Something to think about

http://top.rbc.ru/wildworld/01/08/2010/444038.shtml

although I, personally, don't really believe it.

If so, those who did this should understand: "It will come back to haunt you".

sanyooooook:

If so, those who did this should understand: "As it goes, so it goes".

It's more like "after us, the deluge."

Swetten:
Rather -- "after us, the deluge!" (c) someone from the entourage of some Louis.

No, he said it himself.

ZS: lie ) https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apres_nous_le_deluge

Reason: