Why are the "Dear Ones" sending everyone to JOB? - page 15

artmedia70:

Sorry, I couldn't resist reading the whole thread. I would like to respond at once. I am a newbie, but I don't consider my ideas in any way below the level of criticism. I came here, to this forum (and will stay here for a long time) for you know what reason?

I had an idea, but I was not able to write in MQL4 (and I still do not know how to do it). I ordered a programmer to implement my idea. I have got a frank corrupted messer for 100 Gs (the price should have been 400) and I refused to go further to finalize what I have been given and pay for his further nonsense - I have done it silently, without swearing, just thanked him for his work.

By the way, let's ask the author of these lines, what is your opinion now about what you wanted to get from the programmer, is your original idea worthy of deep digging or have you already abandoned your first, what seemed to you a decent way to beat Forex?

Swan:

Sorry, I got a little excited...

The programmer only implements what is written in the terms of reference. And profitability is a subjective thing.

However sad it is, anyone who wants to engage in developing EAs, must have a minimum knowledge of programming, at least to write a competent TOR. What will be higher quality, faster and cheaper - to write yourself or order, it is up to you to decide.

Help with advice, no problem. And in a job for that seems no one sends, in a search - happens).

By asking for help to write, is often meant that someone will write a program from beginning to end :)

Simply willing to spend time on checking other people's ideas - a rarity)

No need to apologize ... It's ok - you didn't mean me personally... :)

I agree with you completely. Really need to be able to write the right TOR, but if I present it to you here, you are unlikely to find it obvious ambiguities. I was a programmer many years ago and my logical thinking skills are still there. It was strange for me to hear a clarification from a man where there could be no other interpretation. If it says Momentum is above 100 and no more, it means it is above a hundred... and no more. Nevertheless, after numerous clarifications of the ToR, which was broken down into stages for which the person was paid, not at all what was stipulated and even much less was done. I was able to get the source code only a month and a half or two months later (after repeatedly contacting him personally on his website forum and writing to his email address). From the first launch the Expert Advisor has drained the entire deposit. I haven't even tried to analyze the code, I have written everything myself (thanks to this resource and everyone who helps people one way or another).

I agree that sometimes it causes confusion by saying: "I need to write an EA..." or "Add a Trailing Stopper here...". or Put a trailing edge on it... Neither hello nor goodbye... But... it's a culture of communication. I have requests in my personal account from people who are not helped here - because - evil... martin is evil, loki is evil...and many more. I know it myself, I've checked, but not evil, or maybe we don't know how to cook them. It doesn't matter. I help and it makes me feel good. Remember the cartoon? Do good and throw it in the water...

I guess for every clever one, there's one who's cleverer. How nice it will be when the smarter one doesn't send you to... joba, but will help you - that's why he's smarter... IMHO.

ZS and at ... By "help me write", very often you mean that someone will write a program from start to finish :) ... You may ask first - do you want help or need a finished product? Start dancing around the answer...

and on ... Just want to spend time on testing other people's ideas - a rarity) ... I'll answer - other people's ideas are a treasure trove of discoveries for your solutions... you have to be able to separate the flies from the cutlets...

Thank you. Profit to all!

Roger:
By the way, let's ask the author of these lines, what is your opinion now about what you wanted to get from the programmer, is your original idea worthy of deep digging, or have you already abandoned your first, what seemed to you a decent way to beat Forex?
The idea has a rational basis. However they use compiled "heavy" indices for testers and it is impossible to test them properly.

My new EA will use this strategy together with many others, but with normal indicators.

So my answer is yes, the strategy has a right to life and will be implemented in a new light in the new EA as one of its components.

ZS. I have thought about it and decided to add...

I will correct it a little, my error - I have not written that I ordered the Expert Advisor specifically to test the idea and, if it works, we will develop it, step by step, for the cost of each stage. The programmer has shown me that the idea is rubbish, but for some reason I did not believe it, because I tested it on demo for a year and had income. Checked it myself - it works. Now I'll improve it and make it one of my EA's components. The programmer has lost 300 dollars on it. His laziness and skepticism. His right.

And yet, not to be picky, but I want to respond to your phrase: ". a decent way to beat forex."

I've already been quoted somewhere, I'll quote you again: ... Fools come to Forex, players and earn. Fools drain and leave. Gamblers play, while those who come to earn earn money. I want to count myself among the third ones. And I try to do exactly that.

artmedia70:

Also, not to be picky, but I'd like to respond to your phrase: "... "a decent way to beat Forex."

I've already quoted it somewhere, I'll quote it again: ... Fools come to Forex, players and earn money. Fools drain and leave. Gamblers play, while those who come to earn earn money. I want to count myself among the third ones. And I try to do exactly that.

Basically - it is a play on words, but if you are picky, then be my guest. Every time you open an order you do not know the result, so every time you enter the market it is a game. And it is the results of positive and negative outcomes which determine whether you earn or not.

You can also earn by playing cards, but it is still a game.

Roger:

It is essentially a play on words, but if you pick on it, then be my guest. Every time you open an order you do not know the outcome, so every time you enter the market it is a game. And it is the results of the positive and negative outcomes that determine whether you are making money or not.

You can make money by playing cards, but it is still a game.

OK. I agree... :)

Roger:

Every time you open an order you do not know the outcome, so every time you enter the market it is a gamble. And it is the results of the positive and negative outcomes that determine whether you make money or not.

Every time I am asked to deal with a problem on my neighbour's computer, I do not know what the end result will be. Maybe I will be able to recover 100% of the information, or maybe only 50.

Every entry into the market is a result of work done before the entry, on which the final result depends, "positive or negative outcome".

The concept of "game" in the context of "market" is no more appropriate than "sport", for example. Also a lot of random variables.

And in essence, it is a person's attitude to what they do.

That is why I think artmedia70's quote is correct.

You're looking at it from the wrong perspective. Every time you open your computer, you know the client will pay (not meaning help your neighbour), so it's a job.

Roger:
You are looking at it from the wrong perspective. Every time you open a computer, you know that the client will pay( not referring to helping a neighbour), so it's a job.

No. There's a charge for the call, there's a charge for the work done.

And what I am saying is that the result will depend on my preparation BEFORE I open up the "body", i.e. my work.

Abzasc:

No. There is a charge for the challenge, there is a charge for the work done.

And what I'm saying is that the result will depend on my preparation BEFORE I open up the "body", i.e. my work.

It's like "Pathologist's Corner".

Mischek:

It's like "Pathologist's Corner."

Prof. Slang, "body" is whatever you're bringing in for repair, an iron or a computer, whatever.)