EURUSD - Trends, Forecasts and Implications (Part 2) - page 1797

Zet:

What do you think? Comment.

I skimmed above:

2011.02.22 18:25:56 *Qaddafi has ordered the army and police to crush the uprising

2011.02.22 18:26:53 *Qaddafi: Use of force against the state is punishable by death

2011.02.22 18:30:49 *Libya has closed all ports - sources

Gaddafi is the leader of Libya

Libya's knockdown

Tunisia, Egypt, Algeria, Yemen and finally Libya The political world has shaken. One by one, countries are changing the balance of power. Old ties are crumbling irrevocably. Hundreds have fallen victim to passion. In spite of this, citizens are determined to fight for their rights. The only question is where the next hotspot will be. And it is already clear that the further it goes, the hotter it gets. The geopolitical situation is putting pressure on stock markets, commodity markets and currency markets. That is the main reason for the markets to move today.

If the fund has started to fall, it might be worth looking at alternatives...

Zet:

What do you think? Comment.

Libya is an OPEC member and has important oil pipelines crossing its territory; as a result, a possible further escalation of the conflict in this Arab state could lead to significant disruption of hydrocarbon exports to external markets, especially to Europe. Of course, should a negative scenario materialise, European countries could face certain problems in the form of resource shortages. As a result, the euro continues to be under pressure.

Thank you. The logic behind my question was as follows. September 11, 2001. USA. First strike at 8:45 and second at 11;....(ter.act) The trend is bullish. On the daily candle the price jumped down 40-60 pips and went further with the bulls.

My point. I have expectations related to the formation of the second leg of the zig-zag on the daily chart, with targets of 1.44.... That's why I asked.

Zet:

Thank you. The logic behind my question was as follows. September 11, 2001. USA. First strike at 8:45 and second at 11;....(ter.act) The trend is bearish. On the daily candle the price jumped down 40-60 pips and went on with the bulls.

My point. I have expectations related to the formation of the second leg of the zig zag on the daily chart, with targets of 1.44.... That's why I asked.

And then it will all depend on the US. If they need to put more pressure on Libya and other countries of the region, they will most probably strengthen the dollar (as the major currency of the world), while oil price goes up.

If not, the EU will try to strengthen the euro, thereby reducing the price of oil.

My view.

Oil prices get a fresh boost

Oil prices rose further on rumours that Libya has announced a state of force majeure on oil exports. The price reached $91.50, up $5.29 after falling $5 earlier.

Temnyj:

The rest will depend on the US. If they need to get more pressure from the EU on Libya and other countries in the region, they are likely to strengthen the dollar (as the main currency of the world) while raising the price of oil.

If not, the EU will try to strengthen the euro, thereby reducing the price of oil.

Purely my view.

I disagree for a number of reasons.

margaret:
Oil prices get a fresh boost

Oil prices rose further on rumours that Libya announced a state of force majeure on oil exports. The price reached $91.50, up $5.29 after falling $5 earlier.

Crude oil rises, dollar falls.

Zet:

I disagree for a number of reasons.

Which ones, if it's not a secret.

Zet:

Oil goes up, the dollar goes down.
That's true, but the EUR is a young currency and there is no serious confidence in it yet. That is why money will be invested in yen, franc and metals, while people are cautious about euro. If the eur shows good results in the nearest future and stays afloat, it will gain credibility.