LET'S SAY THAT ... - page 26

Belinda sings well, I was walking too.

To Rumata
logical fallacy - if all traders are locked in a room, where does infinite liquidity come from? if everyone has decided to sell, who will buy from them? because ALL have decided to sell?

because ALL market traders are locked in a room?

Demi >>:
для Rumata
логическая ошибка - если все трейдеры заперты в комнате, то откуда бесконечная ликвидность? если все приняли решение продавать, то кто у них купит? ведь ВСЕ приняли решение продавать?

Believe it or not, I have long lived through such a thing - to be called a trader. It's much safer to be a financial adviser for yourself ... and then machine guns )))

Demi >>:
для Rumata
логическая ошибка - если все трейдеры заперты в комнате, то откуда бесконечная ликвидность? если все приняли решение продавать, то кто у них купит? ведь ВСЕ приняли решение продавать?

Do you understand what a 'model' is? A physical model, for example, or a mathematical model. Have you ever solved a problem at school about, for example, something falling to the ground with an acceleration of "g". No real thing on the ground falls with acceleration "g". But it was a model. If I hadn't made the assumption of infinite market liquidity, the quantum-mechanical randomness analogy wouldn't have worked. The energies in the universe are infinite...

to build models in financial markets you need to understand basic concepts of economic theory. to sell something, you need to buy it. what kind of model is this, where everyone sells or everyone buys? did you understand what you wrote?

Do you understand what a "model" is?

a test of adequacy?

Demi >>:
что бы заниматься построенияями моделей на финансовых рынках надо усвоить элементарные понятия из экономической теории. что бы что-то продать, нодо что бы это кто-то купил. что это за модель, где все продают или все покупают? ты сам понял, что написал?

Don't swear, and so - ...

rumata1984 писал(а) >>

No real thing on earth falls at an acceleration of "g".

Dimitri, can you imagine the thing falling on its own with an acceleration greater than g? Is that possible if the thing has no engine?

Demi >>:
что бы заниматься построенияями моделей на финансовых рынках надо усвоить элементарные понятия из экономической теории. что бы что-то продать, нодо что бы это кто-то купил. что это за модель, где все продают или все покупают? ты сам понял, что написал?

I am fine with economic theory, as I am with many other theories. I wrote exactly what I wanted to write. We were discussing the principle of randomness in general, without regard to financial markets. I merely constructed an analogy to show how the impossibility of infinitely rapid interaction between market participants creates randomness in market behavior. Do you want to argue about it?