Put in a good word about the occasional wanderer... - page 10

Thank you, FreeLance. I'll pile it into my Pure Maths thread, OK?

Of course...

;)

Files:

Also curious. illustrations by Fomenko A.T.

If anyone is able, please explain one of the above results:

What is new here compared to this and this?

hrenfx:

If anyone is able, please explain one of the above results:

What's new here compared to this and this?

I so sparingly understand that for random drift wandering, it doesn't matter where one wanders - forward in time, or backwards.

Hence the similarity...

;)

And TA has a right to live.

It doesn't have to be straightforward...

With all due respect to Albert Shiryaev, he is an excellent theorist, not a practitioner.

hrenfx:
With all due respect to Albert Shiryaev, he is a great theorist, not a practitioner.

prove it!

Otherwise there will be "terminological" soundbites again.

With this example, preferably!

I think it will be useful for many ...

;)

You have to prove assertions, not personal opinions.

The respected professor draws some theoretical conclusions for the Wiener process. From a theoretical point of view it may be interesting. But from the point of view of practice - it is poorly applicable.

Same case with the classical portfolio theory of the respected Harry Markowitz.

Serious American investment banks do not take people with finance education as developers at all, they take pure mathematicians with a mind untainted by portfolio theory.

hrenfx:

You have to prove assertions, not personal opinions.

The respected professor draws some theoretical conclusions for the Wiener process. From a theoretical point of view it may be interesting. But from the point of view of practice - it is poorly applicable.

Same case with the classical portfolio theory of the respected Harry Markowitz.

Serious American investment banks generally do not take people educated in finance as developers, they take pure mathematicians with minds untainted by the portfolio theory.

Colleague!

It's not bicycles we're talking about.

Here are the formulas... assumptions.

Your favourite logarithm. Even two!

Prove it!

;)

with formulas! not with idle reasoning.

FreeLance:

Colleague, what is there to prove?! My personal opinion is that these theoretical conclusions have little applicability to practice?

Let's break down Shiryaev's theoretical result above.

Let's take N time intervals of equal length of the real price VR. And all of them are unfolded from one point. As it is shown here.

Well then see the correspondence between the theoretical conclusions of the Brownian motion and the price movement.