how to teach the TS to distinguish between FLET and TREND??? - page 18

PPC:

Perry Kaufman's classic adaptive moving average. Again, it all depends on the targets and the timeframe

By the way, do you know what the period change in Perry Kaufman's moving average depends on? He must have been a smart man too. -)

prononsens:

By the way, do you know what the period change in Perry Kaufman's moving average depends on? He must have been a clever man, too. -)

Whoopsie-) StDev makes his period change. Just like me. He's no fool, man.)

try to think of the chart like this. there is no such thing as a flat on it, it is a property of it, there is no flat there

http://berg.com.ua/tech/graph/renko/

Prival:

try to think of the chart like this. there is no such thing as a flat on it, it is a property of it, there is no flat there

https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://berg.com.ua/graph/renko//

Renko by itself does not work precisely because there is no time parameter and therefore it is devoid of dynamics. It is one of many indicators that people have invented for ease of perception. An important sign of a reversal is the decrease of the rate of price change and the fall of the volume (again, as a rule, but not always). H.-Aashi is not ideal as well, but it is a dynamic indicator and therefore it is better suited to determine the movement in one direction. Neither of them will show the reversal in time.

The most important convenience that man has invented for himself to perceive charts is the timeframe.)

prononsens:

Renko does not work precisely because there is no time parameter and therefore it is deprived of dynamics. The important sign of a reversal - decrease of speed of price changes and fall of the volume (again, as a rule, but not always). H.-Ashi is not ideal as well, but it is a dynamic indicator and that is why it is better to determine the movement in one direction. Neither of them will show the reversal in time.

It is correct. But you are already talking about TS building. I gave the best one, from my point of view, that allows us to remove the flat. That's exactly what this chart has.

Using this knowledge in the TS, however, is an entirely different matter. It's just the next stage, yes we separated the flat from the trend. And then what :-)).

Prival:

That's right. But you're already talking about the construction of the TS. I have given, from my point of view, the best way to remove the flat. This is exactly what this chart has.

Using this knowledge in the TS, however, is an entirely different matter. It's just the next stage, yes we separated the flat from the trend. And then what :-)).

I repeat - if you think that you have separated the flat and found the trend - the next thing you need to do is to understand when it ended.

This cannot be done correctly in time with only one indicator, because you don't know the general state of the market.

That's why I stand for using trend and reversal indicators simultaneously, but within the limits of the "homogeneous" market state.

In other words, the market fractality, seen in one timeframe - the consequence of the same laws, but acting in different amplitude.

But on the Renka, by the way, we should think about it -) it may work out for a "trend". -)

prononsens:

By the way, do you know what the period change in Perry Kaufman's moving average depends on? He must have been a clever man, too. -)

He's spontaneously changing the name of the file.
Files:

PPC:

Thank you-) I already figured it out. -) Same thing. The idea is correct but the disadvantages are the same as Mr Svinozavr' s indicator - the binding to one timeframe (it's more convenient for people).

prononsens:

Thank you-) I already figured it out. -) Same thing.

Well, maybe someone else could use it.

prononsens:

Thank you-) I already figured it out. -) Same thing. The idea is correct but the disadvantages are the same as with Mr. Svinozavr' s indicator - the binding to one timeframe (it is more convenient for people).

Here I agree again: For example, on H1 it seems that the movement on the indicator has not stopped yet, and on a smaller timeframe there are already clear signs of slippage, although again - it may be local consolidations before the next surge: in any case - something should be done...