Avalanche - page 20

JonKatana >>:
Раз нет непрерывной истории минутного периода - тогда что вы тестируете? Развороты часовых свечей? И кому они нужны?

Now for the smartest fucks out there.

Before you poke others in what they don't read carefully, learn to read carefully yourself.

Did I write somewhere that the test was conducted on a site where there is no history of minutes?

Or have I, for some evil reason, only posted the test for the last 3 months and not 3 years as requested?

Just something to think about. I took 9th place in the 2008 championship.

I guess I have an idea of how to test experts, what do you think?

JonKatana >>:

Совершенно верно. Только никто вас не заставляет терпеть 10 разворотов. Вы можете сами ограничить количество разворотов, например, тремя. И если случился третий разворот - просто закрываете все ордера. Все залоги вам возвращают и вы теряете только висящий между уровнями минус. Конечно, это неприятно, но позволяет иметь небольшой депозит и более динамично совершать сделки.

And by doing so, we lose the only benefit of the system - guaranteed break-even

Svinozavr >>:
Вы совсем в зоне умственного безубытка, что ли? Где, бип-бип, ваше, бип-бип, тестирование? Где МТС, которую можно протестировать?
Again: give me a quote where I called Avalanche a "mechanical trading system".
The authors created this forum to discuss two global topics:
1. Mechanical trading systems. They are also called Expert Advisors.
Testing of strategies. They are also trading systems.
"Avalanche is a strategy. I fully described its algorithm. You are welcome to test it. If you want an Expert Advisor to trade on this strategy for you - order it or write it yourself. And you will get an "MTS that you can test".

JonKatana >>:
Форум авторы создали для обсуждения двух глобальных тем:
1. Механические торговые системы. Они же советники, они же эксперты.
2. Тестирование стратегий. Они же торговые системы.

Please elaborate on the differences between the former and the latter.

The meaning of the title "Strategy Tester" in Metatrader escapes me

arnautov >>:
Я где-то написал что тестирование проводилось на участке где нет истории минуток?

arnautov >>:

I don't have a continuous history of minutes

Therefore testing with 20 pips is meaningless for

it

will be inaccurate.

11 reversals - 1 time

10 reversals -1 time

9 reversals - 3 times

smaller number of reversals is irrelevant for it can be considered relatively sane

With your ratios I cannot do it

My Expert Advisor triples lots, while your version doubles.

I do not see the point in testing it on a longer timeframe, it will never perform less than 11 reversals.

If you need it VERY much, I can try to re-do it on doubling

And run the first of the year. As soon as you explain why it is necessary. The number of turns will not get less from this

I highlighted in red.

JonKatana >>:
"Лавина" - это стратегия. Я полностью описал ее алгоритм. Тестируйте на здоровье. Если хотите, чтобы по этой стратегии за вас торговал советник - закажите его или напишите сами. И получите "МТС, которую можно протестировать".

You won't believe it, but there are at least three people in this thread who have done it. Long before you had this brilliant idea.

And tested to the point of utter fucking ridiculousness.

The collected statistics gives a clear conclusion - the strategy is futile.

JonKatana >>:

Выделил красным цветом.

Oh, well, I'm sorry - I forgot to spell it out. I was kind of sure people were aware that there are always minutes on the server in the last 3 months.

sever29 писал(а) >>

>> yes

The algorithm is not the same as the top starter's algorithm. The general one is increasing lots of reversal pending orders. Nevertheless, a martingale is a martingale all the same. So, if you are interested in the algorithm of the topic starter, you hardly need my bot's standpoint.

arnautov >>:

Остановитесь подробнее на отличиях первого от второго.

А то как то ускользает смысл названия "Тестер стратегий" в метатрейдере

Mechanical trading systems trade for you - you are only involved in setting the initial parameters.

A strategy is an algorithm. How you use it - manually or, again, by writing an EA - is up to you.

A mechanical trading system automatically implies the creation of an EA - otherwise it is not mechanical. A strategy does not have to be implemented in the form of an EA.

To quote Wikipedia:

Strategy(Greek στρατηγία, "the art of warlord") - a general, non-detailed plan for any activity, covering a long period of time, the way to achieve a complex goal, which is uncertain and the main for the manager at the moment, subsequently adjusted to the changed conditions of existence of manager-strategist. In addition to knowledge about strategy, the strategist must have the gift of personal qualities such as wit, "stamina" (steady movement towards the goal), flexibility of mind (timely generation and decision making). One cannot become a strategist simply by reading books on strategy, nor can one engage in strategy academically. Strategy belongs to the field of practical activity and only manifests itself in practical activities. Therefore, strategy is said to be an art in which strategy, as knowledge, is a tool, and the strategist is a creator. The personality and the art of the strategist are important, sometimes essential, elements of strategy.

Strategy, as a mode of action, becomes necessary when available resources are insufficient to achieve the main goal directly. The task of strategy is the effective use of available resources to achieve the main goal. Tactics are a tool to implement the strategy and are subordinated to the main goal of the strategy. The strategy achieves the main objective through intermediate tactical objectives along the resource-objective axis.

According to E. Cassels, a strategy is a pattern of behaviour that an organisation follows to achieve its long-term goals

arnautov писал(а) >>

You won't believe it, but there are at least three people in this thread who have done it. Long before you came up with this brilliant idea.

And tested to the point of utter fucking ridiculousness.

Collected statistics gives an unambiguous conclusion - the strategy is futile.

I dare to disagree. Advisors are plum because they are "hard-headed". Explained above. Here is khorosh who has not yet posted any trades.