[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 67

Mischek писал(а) >>

I don't need a link.

Show me how the resistance of the heating element in your electric radiator depends on temperature.

It would take me about three hours to write the formulas to show it. You're kidding, though.)

Here's another puzzle for you, now from the field of trading:

-

Petya has opened a deposit of $1,000. The minimum lot is 0.1. The lot step is 0.01. However, Petya decided that it is not safe to work with the leverage of 1:500 and he decided to work with the leverage of 1:1. Question: how can Petya do it?

Richie, I protest! No tasks about trading!

P.S. I withdraw my problem about mirrors because it is not correct.

Mathemat писал(а) >>

Richie, I protest! No tasks about trading!

P.S. I withdraw my problem about mirrors because of incorrectness of statement.

Ok, let's not talk about trading. And why is it incorrect? You are very correct. The mirrors just confuse you. They confuse and scare a lot of people, especially when there are a lot of them and not enough light :)

And the effect would be very interesting if the room were covered with mirrors :)

Well, yes, especially if this room contains a shag... pardon me, there might be ladies in here.

OK, I'll think of a way to get it right (the mirror task).

Mathemat >>:

Ну да, особенно если в этой комнате расположен траходр... пардон, тут могут быть дамы.

ОК, я обдумаю, как бы ее покорректнее обставить (задачу о зеркалах).

I was thinking more about sun bunnies...

Mathemat писал(а) >>

Well, yes, especially if this room contains a shag... pardon me, there might be ladies in here.

OK, I'll think of a better way to furnish it (the task of mirrors).

Do you have a large household thermos with a glass flask? Try shining a torch in it. Make it a small room with mirrors :)

There's not much to see.

Richie >>:

У вас большой бытовой термос со стеклянной колбой есть? Попробуйте посветить туда фонариком. Пусть это будет маленькая комната с зеркалами :)

Can that software simulate a sphere with an inner mirrored surface and a light source in the centre...?

joo писал(а) >>

Would that software be able to simulate a sphere with an internal mirror surface with a light source in the centre...?

Yes. Probably haven't tried it. It can design rooms, arrange furniture, hang fixtures, simulate the street, etc.

Best of all, it's Russian and free, like MT4. I have version 4.3, it is outdated, download who needs a newer.

-