[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 575

What have you turned the only human thread into, you bastards? :((

DmitriyN: Here's the link. Prove it and the money is yours. The premium has already been increased to $10,000.

Talked to Katschuk.

P.S. Posted an application. Let's see how things develop.

P.P.S. The application has been withdrawn.

Mathemat:

Had a chat with Katschyuk.

P.S. Posted an application. Let's see how things develop.

P.P.S. The application is withdrawn.

Particularly pleasing was the proof that

According to laws of logics properties of a small object are applied to the whole consisted of such objects.

The above has the status of proved, due to its obviousness.

However, all his other "proofs" are similar))

Mathemat:
A good artist. What was he missing?
Not appreciated)))

On page 367 of this forum thread, https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/123519/page367, I quoted a problem from a logic book.

Перед Вами две шкатулки. В одной из них лежит ценный сувенир. Вы можете его получить, если спомощью только одного вопроса, обращённого к хранителю, Вам удастся выяснить в какой шкатулке (правой или левой) находится сувенир. Необходимо при этом учесть, что, во-первых, хранитель отвечает только "да" или "нет"; во-вторых, что если у него хорошее настроение, то он даёт правильный ответ, а если - плохое, то он отвечает не то, что нужно; в-третьих, Вы не знаете, какое настроение у хранителя. Сформулируйте вопрос.

Источник: В.Н.Меньшиков "Логические задачи". - К.; Одесса: Высшая школа, 1989. - 344с. - Табл. 1, ил. 55. - Библиогр.: 28 назв. ISBN 5-11-001395-0

Either we had enough of such problems then, or for some other reason, but the problem remained unsolved. Business, time... it got forgotten. Recently I dug it up and found the solution. Some of you might be interested in solving it, so I made a screenshot of it. The image is here - http://s1.ipicture.ru/uploads/20120609/3UsZ00xL.jpg

Tasks from hubra:

[Simple] What is the angle between the hands of the clock at 6.45pm?

[Complicated] We found a merry-go-round in the park with horse saddles, and we wondered how many horses there were. You can't count with your fingers - there are a lot, you have to walk around somehow and count one at a time. It's not nice to spoil the park's property with notches, but there is a lantern above each horse that you can light or extinguish. Initially there are both lit and extinguished lanterns. The task is to count the horses.

Mathemat:

[Complicated] We found a merry-go-round in the park with horse saddles, and we wondered how many horses there were. We couldn't count them with our fingers - there are a lot, so we had to go around and count one at a time. It's not nice to spoil the park's property with notches, but there is a lantern above each horse that you can light or extinguish. Initially there are both lit and extinguished lanterns. The task is to count the horses.

A good algorithmic problem, I solved the same one only with carriages on braingames.ru

Mathemat:
What is the angle between the hands of the clock at 6.45pm?
67.5 degrees

Mathemat:

Tasks from hubra:

[Simple] What is the angle between the hands of the clock at 6.45pm?

[Complicated] We found a merry-go-round in the park with horse saddles, and we wondered how many horses there were. You can't count them with your fingers - there are a lot, you have to walk around somehow and count one at a time. It's not nice to spoil the park's property with notches, but there is a lantern above each horse that you can light or extinguish. Initially there are both lit and extinguished lanterns. The task is to count the horses.

So leave one unlit and go around counting and if it's not lit, light it until we reach the unlit one

Or am I missing something?

There's something missing from the horse problem, IMHO