[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 474

Richie:
Many keys have a switch, but how is it supposed to switch automatically here?
how do you think?

PapaYozh: I wish we could "do it this way" and learn how to convert price movements into fluctuations with a constant amplitude ;)
That's the problem. But, let's not talk about it, or Matemat will see at night :) Try it, it's a good approach.

sanyooooook: What do you think?
The shifting should be purely mechanical.

Richie:
The shifting must be purely mechanical.
So make it purely mechanical.)

Richie:
have you ever seen a bike with both conventional and non-conventional pedalling at the same time?

sanyooooook: have you seen a bike with a normal and a non-normal pedal stroke at the same time?
No. I've been riding a car for the last decade. Got a link?

Richie:
No. I've been driving for the last decade. Do you have a link?
I saw it on the telly about ten years ago, and then there are gears in the gearbox in the car, or if you want to go in reverse you have to start the engine in reverse)

Richie:
Why not use the same principle as in a winding clock? Two laths with flexible teeth are attached to the piston, one pointing upwards and the other downwards. The laths, when the piston moves, engage each in a different gear on the shaft, so that both upward and downward movements cause the shaft to move in the same direction. The shaft is connected to a helical spring which is spun from rotation. Once the energy of the piston movement has been converted into the compression energy of the spring, it can be used however you like - you can lift bricks, you can hitch arrows, or you can convert it into reciprocating motion. The efficiency of such gear is close to 100%, losses are only for friction force and cogging error. But it is unlikely that it can be attached to the market.

alsu:

That's an interesting idea. I have one of the solutions too - 2 rails. So why not attach it to the market? I think this is quite possible by converting "mechanical" logic into "software" logic, but how to do such a thing is something to think about.

Richie:

That's an interesting idea. I have one of the solutions too - 2 rails. So why not attach it to the market? I think this is quite possible by converting "mechanical" logic into "software" logic, but how to do such a thing is something to think about.

It's very simple - buy on rise, sell on fall, get your 100%. The problem is that the rails don't need to know where the piston will go - they will hook and pick all of its movement anyway. But we don't know that, what's more, our efficiency is also limited by the spread. In the case of the transmission I described, this amounts to backlash between the racks and the gear, and the backlash is such that it simply does not allow the shaft to rotate.