[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 458

Richie:

Apparently the moon didn't get its rotation from the dust cloud.

Really?

8-0

The Sun's radiation is generally electrically neutral, otherwise we would have all been killed by megamolts 150 million kilometres long ago)))

Mathemat:

How's that, Richie. One power to the moon there and that's it. And the balance is stable. If it were unstable, big rocks (and they were, look at the craters hundreds of kilometers in diameter) would have orbited the moon.

One should not confuse statics with dynamics. The reasoning about at least three forces that should keep a body in balance is pure nonsense.

Stable, that's what I'm talking about. There's a mug of beer on my desk. How many forces are acting on it? Some people will say one, others will remember Newton's law and say two, and others (like me) will say friction. Well, everyone has their own number of forces.

Richie:

And the electrostatic interaction is much stronger than the gravitational one. Sometimes.

On the same scale and with the charge/mass ratios typical of elementary particles. Not our case.

Richie:
Sustainable, that's what I'm talking about. There's a mug of beer on my desk. How many forces are acting on it? Some people will say one, others will remember Newton's law and say two, and others (like me) will say friction. Well, everyone has their own number of forces.
Yeah, the attraction of the moon, the sun... Then remember that the Earth rotates and add the Coriolis force and centrifugal force to the same.

Yes, alsu, everything is fine. People are at a scientific standstill. Meanwhile, they're flying around in flying saucers, the bastards .....

Richie:
Stable, that's what I'm talking about. I've got a mug of beer on the table. How many forces are acting on it? Some will say one, others will remember Newton's law and say two, others (like me) will say friction. Well, everyone has their own number of forces.

What is the friction, please specify. Maybe you already got into the beer itself and saw the friction between the layers of beer?

And in general, there are countless forces acting on the mug. But all of them are not comparable to the two main ones - the force of gravity and the force of support pressure.

alsu:
By the way, did you solve the cell problem on page 425 the fifth-grade way? (hint, I'm too lazy to browse:)

did you solve it or not?

Richie, you should know, it's your problem.

Mathemat: Which one is the friction force, please specify. Maybe you already got into the beer itself and saw the friction between the layers of beer there?

And in general, there are innumerable forces acting on the mug. But all of them are not comparable to the two main ones - the force of gravity and the force of support pressure.

Of course, they are incomparable. Take away the friction force, Alexei, it's not important. And you get a stool with two legs. The beer mug will crack :(

alsu: did you solve it or not? Richie, you should know, it's your problem.
Yes, Alexei (Mathemat) solved it.