[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 376

Mischek >>:

Это ж сколько лет этой шутке

лет 20 минимум

Is it the longer one or the green one?

P.S. Hint: it's longer. :)

Swetten >>:
Так больше длинный или зелёный?

long

on a cleverness test.

There is a number of rectangles of size 5x1. Put [one big rectangle without holes] together. Prove that the length of at least one of its sides is a multiple of 5.

Oh what a beauty!

By the way, you can replace the one in the condition with any other natural, and the original rectangles don't have to be all the same. Or even so:

There are some number of not necessarily identical rectangles, one side of which is a multiple of 5, and the other is equal to a natural number. One put together [one big rectangle without holes]. Prove that the length of at least one of its sides is a multiple of 5.

Mathemat писал(а) >>

There are a number of not necessarily identical rectangles, one side of which is a multiple of 5 and the other is equal to a natural number. Put [one big rectangle without holes] together. Prove that the length of at least one of its sides is a multiple of 5.

The area of the new rectangle

S=sum(5*x(i)*y(i))=X*Y;

5*sum(x(i)*y(i))=X*Y;

since x(i) y(i) is a natural number

then X or Y is divisible by 5;

20 chess players played a one-round tournament (each played one game against each other). A correspondent of "Sportivnaya Gazeta" wrote in his article that each participant of this tournament won as many games as he drew. Prove that the correspondent was wrong.

Mathemat писал(а) >>
20 chess players played a one-round tournament (each played one game against each other). A correspondent of "Sportivnaya Gazeta" wrote in his article that each participant of this tournament won as many games as he drew. Prove that the correspondent was wrong.

1 chess player played with 19 others, and 19 is not divided by 2 without a remainder.

Richie >>:

1 шахматист играл с 19-ю другими, а 19 на 2 без остатка не делится.

Why two?

Who did they beat?

http://ru.hacktest.net/ - hacker test

Has anyone managed to pass this test without any hints? I'm stuck on step 5 - I can't find the connection between the terms "Light - Animals"