[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 130

Mathemat >>:

(a+b)^2 * (1 - l^2/(ab) ) = c^2

Сторона с построима, сволочь. Но по такой формуле не решусь, да и некрасиво это.

but you can plot an angle from a known cosine, can't you?

cos(C/2)=l(a+b)/2ab

C is the angle between a and b

alsu >>:

а построить угол по известному косинусу ведь можно?

Sure.

but

1. angles are usually given by intersecting lines (in geometry problems)

2. There is a solution without them :)

The known cosine assumes a constructed cathetus and hypotenuse, the ratio of which is. It's all Greek: any number is a proportion :)

Why don't we give a damn about it, eh? We can construct the third side based on the analytical solution. Well, yes, we have no "natural" solution. Well, let MetaDriver , for example, to suffer, why should we have to take the trouble...

OK, let's decide, TheXpert knows the "natural" solution.

Mthemat >>: Ну пусть, например, MetaDriver помучится, чего нам за него отдуваться-то...

You can't even imagine how exhausted I am here - I'm solving a problem and also torturing Corel about inventing a logo for a site of a lady I know. :)

All mixed up in my head at the end - the suspended ceilings (the subject of the site) are sagging at an alpha angle, and the bisector rests on the adjacent corner of the wall, in short, ugly...

Geometry question

-

There is a bolt with a right-hand thread. There is a nut with a left-hand thread. The thread diameters of the bolt and the nut are the same.

Question: which way should this nut be turned (when viewed from the head side of the bolt) to screw it onto the bolt:

clockwise or counterclockwise?

-

Well, I'm having similar problems as well: I've had the netting installed and the wires scattered all over the flat. Now I'm overcoming my natural height limitations to reach the ceiling...

2 Richie: Where's Mischek? He'd show us where to turn it and why...

Richie >>:

Вопрос на засыпку из области геометрии

-

Есть болт с правой резьбой. Есть гайка с левой резьбой. Диаметры резьб болта и гайки одинаковые.

Вопрос: в какую сторону нужно вращать эту гайку (если смотреть со стороны головки болта), чтобы навернуть её этот на болт:

по часовой стрелке или против?

-

The right bolt will never fit into the left nut

Richie >>:-

Есть болт с правой резьбой. Есть гайка с левой резьбой. Диаметры резьб болта и гайки одинаковые.

Вопрос: в какую сторону нужно вращать эту гайку

It still needs to be turned inside out first. Can't the Khokhlovs be involved?

// I can't do it. Probably because I'm only half Khohol. You need a purebred. And I'm not at home - I gave up 33 years ago.

Now they're going to eat you up with the lard...

Mathemat писал(а) >>

2 Richie: Where's Mischek? He'd demonstrate very clearly where to twist it and what for...

Yes :)

ChachaGames, MetaDriver, you're right. It won't. As my practice shows, about 2\3 people answer this question wrong.