[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 543

sanyooooook:

ZS: It's different if they can't, but one of them moves )

That's the phenomenon then, when a point moves through "can't")))

Svinotavr: That's the thing about 'measured'.
I don't understand the hidden irony.

jelizavettka:

That's the phenomenon then, when the point moves through "can't")))

It's nothing phenomenal, it's been like that all our lives: "can't teach you, won't make you".

Mathemat:
I don't understand the hidden irony.

Maybe it's not irony and it's about discovering a new postulate of physics from Steveontavr )

jelizavettka: Maybe it's not irony, and it's about discovering a new postulate of physics from Svinotavr )

Yeah, of course:

Svinotavr: And as for my education - take your time, my school is much better than yours.

Svinotavr:

Alexei, imagine that the speed of light is not the maximum speed. Just imagine that someone proved that it is not maximal. Then, what? Then, what about everything else? The speed of light is a psychological limitation, not a physical one. I won't argue, though.

I think so too.

sanyooooook:
It's nothing phenomenal, it's been like that all our lives: "Can't teach you, won't make you".

I agree) Besides, it doesn't matter how fast the light travels .... as long as it shines)

Svinotavr:

And as for my education - take your time, my school is much better than yours.

), not modestly, the statement is not unambiguous.

Svinotavr: Alexei, imagine that the speed of light is not the maximum speed. [...] The speed of light is a psychological constraint, not a physical one.

At the time of the first, very precise measurement of it (1676, Römer, 301*10^6 m/s), people did not yet build any postulates about its maximum in nature. They simply tried to measure it with the means they had.

And it is unlikely that Röhmer pondered the psychological limits while observing the satellites of Jupiter.