[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 457

Richie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMckaYpe32M

Man, the "physicist" signature under that ram frankly annoys me. But most of all I feel sorry for the people who fall for this pumpkin bullshit((((

alsu, a couple of questions for you personally.

1. What is the cause of the rotation of the Earth?

2. Is there an electrical potential difference between the planets?

What's there to feel sorry for? Let them be led, if they like it. And pseudoscientists only on them and count (well how, in a science too democracy is served, that each Sharikov could have the weighty word, putting forward the trivial super ideas and counting on that these ideas will overturn a science).

There should be a healthy conservatism in science, so that such Sharikovs in it are not allowed beyond certain doors.

Mathemat: Why feel sorry for them....
The same questions for you, Alexey. I've long wanted to measure the voltage between the Earth and the Sun :) Just kidding.

Richie:

alsu, a couple of questions for you personally.

1. What is the reason for the rotation of the Earth?

2. Is there an electrical potential difference between the planets?

I haven't studied any of the questions, but I'll answer them offhand:

1. Most likely, the rotational energy is inherited by the Earth from the very gas-dust cloud from which, according to modern concepts, the whole solar system was formed. This is indirectly proved by the fact that most large bodies in the SS (including the Sun itself) rotate in the same direction.

2. I do not know, but I see no reason to claim absence of potential difference - as we know, it is absent at all only in superconductors, which planets and surrounding vacuum, obviously, are not. Besides, the already mentioned gas-dust cloud must have experienced internal friction, which must have led to the appearance of static charges. In any case, I believe that the effect of electrostatics on the motion of bodies in SS is extremely small.

Richie:
The same questions for you, Alexey. I have long wanted to measure the voltage between the Earth and the Sun :) Just kidding.
And have you bought a voltage meter yet?

How's that, Richie. One power to the moon there and that's it. And the balance is stable. If it were unstable, big rocks (and they were, look at the craters hundreds of kilometers in diameter) would have orbited the moon.

One should not confuse statics with dynamics. Reasoning about a minimum of three forces that should keep a body in balance is pure nonsense.

P.S. I did not see the questions at once. I will not speak about a difference of potentials - I do not know. And about what rotation you ask?

By the way, did you solve the cell problem on page 425 the fifth-grade way? (hint, I'm too lazy to browse:)

Apparently the moon didn't get its rotation from the dust cloud. That's a pity. I so wanted to see the other side :)

About the electrostatics - don't be so hasty, the Sun is quite a strong emitter. And the electrostatic interaction is much stronger than the gravitational one. Sometimes.

Richie:

Apparently the moon didn't get its rotation from the dust cloud. That's a pity. I so wanted to see the other side :)

About the electrostatics - don't be so hasty, the Sun is quite a strong emitter. And the electrostatic interaction is much stronger than the gravitational one. Sometimes.

The Moon rotates on its axis with a period equal to the period of orbit around the Earth. And this is not the only case in SS.