[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 333

avatara, what do you want from me?

Richie >>:

Интуиция мне подсказывает, что бывать им в этой комнате не 100 раз, а больше, но не больше 10000.
Очевидно, что лампа не может передать число 100, поскольку она двоична.
Короче, я к тому, что кого-то должны вызвать 100 раз и тогда этот кто-то и сообщит об этом охраннику.

Richie, spill the beans. If you're so intuitive, you must know the solution :)

Mathemat >>:

Richie, колись однако. Если у тебя такая интуиция, то ты должен знать решение :)

so the answer is given.

Everyone counts the calls.

And they don't touch the lamp.

After 100 calls, anyone will answer correctly

Mathemat писал(а) >>

Richie, spill the beans. If you're so intuitive, you must know the solution :)

So I have laid it out in 2 posts above. I don't see any other solution yet.

After 100 calls, anyone will get the answer right

No way. One person could be called several times in a row.

так ответ дан.

Все считают вызовы.

И не трогают лампу.

После 100 вызова любой верно ответит

It won't. The warden doesn't necessarily call alphabetically. He only guarantees that everyone will visit at least once after being silent. But he may call someone 10 times and someone only once.

For example, Akaki will be called regularly every other time, while the rest will be called alphabetically. What should we do?

Richie >>:

Ни фига.

Touch the lamp and go on.

Suddenly it's jammed...

One person, let's call him Stirlitz, should turn the lamp on every time he enters the cell. Another prisoner has to turn it off.
If the lamp is on, it means the other convict was in the cell. If it was on 100 times, then all the inmates were in the cell.

Mathemat >>:

Не пойдет. Надзиратель не обязательно вызывает по алфавитному порядку. Он всего лишь гарантирует, что после молчания все побывают хотя бы раз. Но кого-нибудь он может вызвать 10 раз, а кого-нибудь - только раз.

Pardon me.

So who's stopping you from calling "liking" 10^10^10 times?

Richie, what is Stirlitz's role?
2 avatara: no one is in the way. But he turns out to be the first to report that everyone has been - and feeds everyone to the crocodiles.