Classical analysis 'doesn't work'? - page 10

Helen писал(а) >>

This EA was not made for trading, but for picking parameters of different indicators. As an indicator for the head, it's peerless.

Ok. You have selected parameters for indicators based on testing results. According to the terms of your Expert Advisor, there is one open position in the market. It closes on the signal. The signals for opening and closing are different. Therefore, before you enter the market, you should test the Expert Advisor for the current moment and make sure that there is no open position. Otherwise, the chain is broken: signal to open - position opening - signal to close - position closing.

kharko писал(а) >>

OK. You have selected the parameters for the indicators based on the test results. According to your Expert Advisor, there is one open position in the market. It closes on the signal. The signals for opening and closing are different. Therefore, before you enter the market, you should test the Expert Advisor for the current moment and make sure that there is no open position. Otherwise, the following chain is broken: signal to open - position opening - signal to close - position closing.

Yeah, I see. No, no, in real trading entries as well as exits are made according to other criteria. The studied one is used only as an "attention!" signal and a very good one. Note taken. Thank you.

To summarise it this way, what do you think (as an eyewitness :) ) ? - The Expert Advisor uses the classic pattern of entering on a pullback by trend. And it closes on a classic overbought/oversold. The Expert Advisor uses only two classic ugly known indicators. There is no overshooting. No overshooting. Drawdown (I have it since June 2007 with the same parameters) is 32.13%. PF = 2.89. Parameters of the Expert Advisor during testing have not been selected. The Expert Advisor works. Therefore, rumors about death of "classic" TA are exaggerated. Full stop.

Do you agree? :)

"Classic" works with the proviso that it is used correctly.

kharko писал(а) >>
">> The classics work if used properly.

I'd say it's comprehensive. Otherwise, there are those who like to start shouting about heads and shoulders not working, forgetting about the other components of TA.

Helen >>:

Резюмировать так можно, как считаете (как очевидец :) ) ? - в советнике используется классическая схема входа на откатах по тренду. Закрытие на классическом же перекупе/перепроде. В советнике используется только два классических, до безобразия известных индикатора. Никаких пересиживаний нет. Используются доливки. Просадка (у меня с июня 2007 с теми же параметрами) 32.13%. ПФ = 2.89.

Параметры советника при тестировании не подбирались. Советник работает. Следовательно, слухи о кончине "классического" ТА, есть все основания считать преувеличенными. Точка.

Согласны? :)

No, I don't agree. Just because they weren't picked up, just taken as they are, doesn't mean they should always be. It works for now.

P.S. Lately I've been extremely suspicious of any external EA parameters that are "off the top of my head". That doesn't mean I don't calculate anything. I too, like many others, work with parametric inducators, but in the end these parameters... er... some very specific way of averaging - so that there are no external parameters, which I personally prefer.

Swetten, it's not an eye for an eye, it's an eye for an eye. In the conditions of severe oversold conditions in the right "shoulder" somewhere on the high TF trend, one should try to believe in working out of the existing figure, it would seem. The standard situation.

Swetten >>:

Я бы сказала -- комплексного. А то есть любители -- и эта ветка тому примером -- тут же начать кричать про неработающие головы-плечи, совершенно забывая об остальных компонентах ТА.

Are you talking to me?

First of all I was not shouting, but sharing my experience.... Having programmed the classical models, I tried to test them on different pairs and different TFs (and I'm not the only one who tried it....) the result is actually around 50/50 probability and in general... i only work on classics.... (in my own editing of course)

Helen писал(а) >>
Swetten, не в бровь, а в глаз.

In a severely oversold right "shoulder" somewhere

around the ankle...

I'm not saying anything.)

The devil is on his side.

kharko >>:
"Классика" работает с условием правильного использования.

The PAMM rankings show otherwise:

1. any method works

2. But it does not last long.

The same result is given by PRNG.

Hence, "classic" equals PRNG.

In general, any method to directly or indirectly forecast price movement is a PRNG.

In other words, as soon as you "said out loud": "the price will go there" - you immediately get into the PRNG category :)

RomanS писал(а) >>

Are you talking to me?

First of all, I wasn't shouting, I was sharing my experience....

There's no need to overreact! I was just making a point out loud, in space, without any innuendo about personalities. :)