"The 'perfect' trading system - page 111

LeoV:

What do such meaningless requirements when the slippage is 10 times higher than the profit factor? Do not you feel the delirium of the situation, which is confirmed by the sinking?

Leonid, it seems that after 2 years you have not taken the time to study the reports. And you should - it would not have occurred to you to ask such questions.

If you have studied it and are still asking, you must not have studied it - it has a ready answer.

OK, then. Good luck to everyone and happy New Year!

VictorArt: Leonid, it seems that you have not taken the time to study the reports for 2 years. And you should have - it would not even occur to you to ask such questions.

Victor, with all my respect, I'm not ready to study the Expert Advisor or robot's reports if their equity looks similar to yours. There is no point.

I would love to study the performance of this Expert Advisor with such equity

LeoV:

Profit factor = 1.42 - at the level of spread.

Len, PF is not comparable to spread or slippage. It has a different meaning. You must have confused it with MO.

Nevertheless, this does not affect the correctness of conclusions about Victor's TS.

LeoV:

Victor, with all due respect to you, I'm not willing to study the work, reports of EAs or robots if their equity looks like yours. There is no point.

Looking at it from the wrong end :)

"Get to the root!"

In this case, it's the "current configuration change log".

Although there's no point either - there's "no pop" there, just boring numbers.

VictorArt:

Trading by hand is just a waste of time :) There are more useful and pleasant things to do.

I think you should not think so - it is impossible to write a car control programme without having car driving skills, or alternatively, you need a team of professionals who are ace car drivers - they will adjust the terms of reference.

You need to trade by hand for one simple reason - there is no reliable and generalized information about the principles of the market, there is a mountain of knowledge about how to trade on the history, there is a lot of information about the chaotic/probabilistic behaviour of the market - but nevertheless the market itself is logical and efficient and at any given time someone is on the buyer side and someone on the seller side - that is, they keep the price from both sides, so - your adaptive robot if it can really adapt, then its task is simply to enter the market on time

Your post above, they say that MM compensates for everything, sorry - nonsense, MM can add profitability, but it does not correct errors in trading strategy

VictorArt:

In fact, it is easy to compensate for the losses from the spread with an MM.

Yeah, that should be your PAMM motto. You have no idea what nonsense you are talking about.

Those pennies you pay in spreads do not disappear without a trace, but end up in someone else's pocket. And no MM will help you get them back.

VictorArt:

Look at the wrong end :)

"Get to the root!"

In this case, it's the "current configuration change log".

Although there's no point either - there's "no pop" there, just boring numbers.

Put yourself in the investor's shoes. Why would he want to study the "current configuration change log" and fritter away profits on your pam when he could just study equity and data from other pams that have more attractive trading results? Although your 150 investors are yes..... I don't understand who and on what basis would invest in such equity?

IgorM:

I think you should not think so - it is impossible to write a car control programme without having car driving skills, or you may need a team of professionals who are ace car drivers - they will adjust the terms of reference.

You need to trade by hand for one simple reason - there is no reliable and generalized information about the principles of the market, there is a mountain of knowledge about how to trade on the history, there is a lot of information about the chaotic/probabilistic behaviour of the market - but nevertheless the market itself is logical and efficient and at any given time someone is on the buyer side and someone on the seller side - that is, they keep the price from both sides, so - your adaptive robot if it can really adapt, then its task is simply to enter the market on time

Your post above, they say that MM compensates for everything, sorry - nonsense, MM can add profitability, but it does not correct errors in trading strategy

It seems that you have not read the thread on the PAMM-project - I have talked there several times about the project advisers. When the project started, I did not know anything about trading on the financial markets.

Later, I got frankly ridiculous reading sermons of many "forum gurus", so it is desirable to use less terms such as "nonsense" - maybe not to waste your and my time.

"Your adaptive robot if it really can adapt" - the code of the simplest adaptive EA is available to everyone. Obviously, most people don't understand at all how such a small code can adapt, and even trade successfully :) But MT4 tests are quite objective thing - everyone has the same MT4 and the quotes from the same source are the same or almost the same, i.e. the term "really" is not very appropriate here - anyone can check everything on their own, in practice.

So I don't see a topic for discussion here at all. There are test results - study them. What questions can there be here at all?

VictorArt:

So I don't see a topic for discussion here at all. There are test results - study them. How can there be any questions here at all?

We are studying the results of your PAMM, there really are no questions.

LeoV:

Put yourself in the investor's shoes.

Leonid, I honestly tried to formulate an answer, but it seems that the only correct answer is: "study the source book".
I'm getting tired of repeating the same thing a thousand times in different ways.

Here the topic continued with the adaptive advisor test. The test showed 400% p.a. - if you don't like the result, that's fine, I don't feel bad about it.

Everything else is sophistry.