EURUSD - Trends, Forecasts and Implications (Part 1) - page 2146

Mathemat >>:
Это где ж ты там гэп на евре рассмотрел, mimoi? На М5, что ли?

The guy works on minutes, when I sat at the terminal for the first time I decided that M5 was too uninformative and slow for me.

Now I don't usually go below H1, so I don't bother my head with noise...

gip >>:
Анализ разных стратегий на истории показывает, что без стопов работать можно, но тогда стратегия должна работать большим количеством сделок, от риска и очень небольшим процентом депо. При небольшом проценте депо редкие входы дают мало прибыли. Выводы же следующие: волновикам без стопов противопоказано, входят они значительным лотом и редко, значит рано или поздно из за безстопья последует слив. Без стопов можно работать на автоторговле, когда сделок совершается много и идет частый фиксаж. Скажем для примера какие-нибудь тралы. Но тогда на первый план выходит ММ, который должен подменять защитную функцию стопов. Ну и тд...

Yeah, sure. But in any case, you need some force majeure stops. Those, which are actuated as airbags in a car. That is, not in normal mode. It is possible to work without the stops in the operating mode. But what if it is not a working mode? )))
Under normal TC in ideal conditions, stops should be triggered very rarely or not triggered at all (like the same airbags). I, for example, for more than a quarter-century experience of driving has never been in a serious accident. But it is not a reason not to buckle up and save on curtains and airbags.

We are sure of ourselves. But not everything is up to us. Alas.

leman wrote >>
There are two types of people, some are put off for a "rainy day" but it never comes, while others, once you start, and the "rainy day" comes, probably because of this stopov and so one-unique attitude, everyone has his own. :)

It is simpler. It is difference between a pro's approach and approach of an amateur. Professionals buckle up even in the yard.

Alexan >> На М5 был гэпчик вниз :) Но тут же закрылся.

The joke's on the other side. What kind of position would you have to open up to make that micro gap equal -$300? I don't get it...

to Peter.

That's not what I meant when I said about the stops. Although what you said is also true, but it describes another side of the issue.

Let's look here for example.

At the point marked by the light green line a decision to open a position should be made. Two traders have opened, one long and one short. Corresponding stops are set.

Both of them closed with profit. Now imagine if the short one opened at the stops of the long one and vice versa the long one opened at the stops of the short one. Both guys would have been at a loss.

That's my point. It's not the direction that matters, it's the stops. They should be specified when publishing forecasts. I hope I explained it clearly (I'm not talking to you, Peter).

Mathemat писал(а) >>

The joke's on the other side. What kind of position would you have to open up to make that micro gap equal -$300? >> I don't get it.

I think the man had the 3rd lot...or even the 5th...which is pretty stupid, you need no more than 10 - 12%

Svinozavr писал(а) >>

It's simpler than that. It's the difference between a pro's approach and an amateur's approach. Professionals buckle up even in the yard.

And absolutely pros don't even buckle up :) In fact, no pro would even think of discussing opening without stops.

You're fed up with this car...you read Williams and you're sitting there playing the pros. When you're fishing you buckle up too????? Think of forex as a lake and me as a fisherman. You're talking about a fucking car :) Keep it simple.

Although if Forex is driving a car for you all, then I understand why you all buckle up all the time...

Noterday >>:

Задолбали вы с этим автомобилем...начитались Вильямса и сидите профи из себя строите. На рыбалке вы тоже пристегиваетесь????? Считайте что форекс это озеро, а я рыбак. А то мля с автомобилем заладили :) Проще надо быть.

Хотя если для Вас всех форекс - это езда на автомобиле, тогда понятно почему вы все постоянно пристёгиваетесь...

Nah, a fisherman is the market and traders are the fish and working without stops is the rod.

OK, let's not argue. I personally have automatic stops on all orders, always. I can't even remove them if I want to :)

gip >>:
Ладно, давайте не будем спорить. У меня лично стопы ставятся автоматом на все ордера, всегда. Я даже их убрать не смогу, если захочу :)
Go for it :) Although I am convinced that successful trading is not characterised by the presence of stops