GOLD in a couple of weeks >1000 ? - page 5

AlexEro >> :
Why isn't anyone praising those pics of gold I posted here?

>> you're so good.)

m_a_sim >> :

good for you)))

>> thank you.

Ah, yes on the gold :

1). the IMF must have waited out the calm for a couple of days and started (at GS' request) selling the gold.

2). in spite of the pro forums' terrible pussyfooting about where to go, a lot of people are willing to stock up on $950 worth of gold. And it probably won't get there. It's just the calm before the storm.

3). Personally, I do not know what kind of shorts GS has, but it is not worth waiting for a significant price drop from the current $993.

I'm thinking up to 970

m_a_sim >> :

And I think up to 970

To repeat in other words:

it's been quiet for a couple of days:

- In Japan, the end of the fiscal half-year is September 30;

- Muslims end of Ramadan;

- Jews (GS, IMF) Monday Yom Kippur;

- G20 countries have a general meeting in Pittsburgh;

- Germany's general election on Sunday;

- Geithner has been negotiating again with the Chinese and Japanese (seems to have been successful, they have agreed to buy at least some treasuries again);

- the US is preparing to audit the FED;

- the States are preparing to discuss health care reform ($850 billion over 10 years) .......

and so on.

Who would trade gold these days ? Who will risk their money in these conditions?

Well here are just the traders from the MQL4 forum......

Even more importantly :

a). people will soon stop selling gold during the stock rally.

b). people will soon be selling bonds to buy gold http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article13702.html

AlexEro >> :

To repeat in other words:

it's just been doldrums for a couple of days:

- in Japan, the end of the fiscal half-year on 30 September;

- for Muslims the end of Ramadan;

- Jews (GS, IMF) Monday Yom Kippur;

- G20 countries have a general meeting in Pittsburgh;

- Germany's general election on Sunday;

- Geithner has been negotiating again with the Chinese and Japanese (seems to have been successful, they have agreed to buy at least some treasuries again);

- the US is preparing to audit the FED;

- the States are preparing to discuss health care reform ($850 billion over 10 years) .......

Etc.

Who is going to trade gold during these days ? Who will risk their money in such conditions?

Well here are just the traders from the MQL4 forum......

Even more importantly :

a). people will soon stop selling gold during the stock rally.

b). people will soon be selling bonds to buy gold http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article13702.html

time will tell

m_a_sim >> :

time will tell.

What's that got to do with time? Me, I am showing you why it is hanging around 1000 and why it will go to 1500. Because now FX has a new game - dollar carry trade.

New Deadly Dollar Carry Trade.

http://www.kitco.com/ind/willie/sep242009.html

m_a_sim >> :
put a SELLSTOP on $996

Have you managed to get covered, colleague ?

AlexEro >> :

Have you managed to cover yourself, colleague ?

I put it in but it didn't work for me, sold it at a higher price, I'm holding a short position for now

put SellStop, maybe the techno-people will criticise, or not

поставил SellStop, может из числа технорей покритикует, или не из их числа

I take it you have formed the opinion that gold is overbought now and should be shorted. When you saw the movement on the gold, you decided to enter the movement immediately on this basis (remember how Larry describes fishing on his favorite creek?). You defined the selling level as a breakout of 1H resistance. The question is that there will always be a certain timeframe where there will be a certain graphical combo saying that gold will go down. Maybe it will indeed go down, but I have made such ridiculous deals that I am ashamed to talk about them even after a long time. Maybe we should develop a universal TS which would allow us to enter at the beginning of strong moves?