GOLD in a couple of weeks >1000 ? - page 3

http://mineweb.com/mineweb/view/mineweb/en/page34?oid=89532&sn=Detail

China could buy IMF gold - Source

The Asian superpower is said to be considering the purchase but, only the price is right and the return is "relatively high"

Author: Reuters
Posted: Monday, 21 Sep 2009

BEIJING (Reuters) -

China is considering buying gold being offered for sale by the International Monetary Fund, Market News International said on Monday, citing two unnamed government sources, but the report could not immediately be confirmed.

"China will consider buying if the price is right and the return is relatively high," MNI quoted one of the government sources as saying.

Gold XAU=, which had dipped just below $1,000 an ounce, rebounded to $1,003.45 after the report. That would put the market value of the 403.3 tonnes on offer from the IMF at close to $13 billion.

AlexEro >> :

http://mineweb.com/mineweb/view/mineweb/en/page34?oid=89532&sn=Detail

China could buy IMF gold - Source

The Asian superpower is said to be considering the purchase but, only the price is right and the return is "relatively high"

Author: Reuters
Posted: Monday, 21 Sep 2009

BEIJING (Reuters) -

China is considering buying gold being offered for sale by the International Monetary Fund, Market News International said on Monday, citing two unnamed government sources, but the report could not immediately be confirmed.

"China will consider buying if the price is right and the return is relatively high," MNI quoted one of the government sources as saying.

Gold XAU=, which had dipped just below $1,000 an ounce, rebounded to $1,003.45 after the report. That would put the market value of the 403.3 tonnes on offer from the IMF at close to $13 billion.

can you say it in Russian, in a nutshell?

It's clear, China will buy gold below $1000. I think for now there will be a drop in October and a rise in November before the new year

Theorver is down. The rise in 27 days was ~75p, only 5.64% probability of this scenario.

my daily indicators show a sell signal

such a move is likely to close traders' stops

m_a_sim >> :

a move like that is bound to shut down traders' stops.

Yes... yesterday for the first time in 2 years i went out to the market and i bought gold at 1008.85 just in case i put stops. the lot sold at 1022.55

i spent a long time thinking what would happen..... it ended up not breaking through the 1030 line and flew down. 996 now.

what's the prediction and why?

m_a_sim >> :

my daily indicators show a sell signal

your signals were right!

read the current signals :)

Risk >> :

Theorver is down. The rise in 27 days was ~75p, only 5.64% probability of this scenario.

can you elaborate on the topic, how do you calculate the probability?

tasheal >> :

your signals were right!

read out the current signals:)

My opinion: hold a short position, with a downtrend in October as well. This is due, again in my opinion, to the global demand for gold, the demand for gold will be high from November to February. One of the big buyers will be China. But at the moment, there are no big investors, only small traders, who can't raise the price of gold.