The second sacred cow: "Grow profits, cut losses" - page 13

Avals:

The luck here cannot be denied, but luck does not preclude the use of statistical advantage. The luck is that the person was lucky to place the levels of shares so that he was not closed on margin on pullbacks and the drive was of the right size. The statistic advantage is that he traded on the yen and not on eu for example on which there is no intervention. And he traded now, when the yen was at multi-year lows. Luck + reckoning = profitable lottery))))
Actually, Japan warned in advance about the intervention.

Bicus:
Actually, Japan gave advance warning of intervention.

Where and how?

moskitman:

Where and how?

Look in the archive thread for October, near the end of the month. There was a post by margaret, with a link.

(I couldn't take advantage of it because... (I couldn't use it because I'd forgotten about it and slept the dream.)

moskitman, here it is:

"margaret 26.10.2011 22:40
Who trades in the dollar-yen, be careful. Japan is threatening to intervene if the exchange rate goes below 75. "

It wasn't below 75 and there was an intervention. That's the price of the news.

Mathemat:
It wasn't below 75 and there was an intervention. That's the price of the news.

I came across different analytics several times, and without reference to specific levels, but I didn't understand it. But it was true, wasn't it?

Well, yes, it was asking for it, of course. The historical high of the yen to the dollar is now firmly in place and the Japanese don't like it very much.

Mathemat:
Well, yes, it was asking for it, of course. The historical high of the yen to the dollar is now firmly in place and the Japanese don't like it very much.
Not exactly a historical high, I heard somewhere that the historical one is from some 40th year, i.e. in some 40s it was even lower, and in general it was really worth listening to the news, now I wanted to write a script similar to my friend's tactics, 1000r. is not money, but there is a significant amount at stake if it happens again.

Mathemat:
Well, yes, that was asking for it, of course. The yen is now well past its historical high against the dollar and the Japanese don't like it.

I don't think all is lost yet.

The Yen will not go lower than 75 (on the chart) (Japan really doesn't want that). Therefore, it is still possible to buy now. If it drops below the current price - buy again.

Buy, buy, and buy again!

Hooray!

(am I wrong?)

Bicus:
Buy, buy and buy again!

Yay!

(am I wrong?)

"The autopsy will tell" (c)