The second sacred cow: "Grow profits, cut losses" - page 16

Avals:
This is an example of the simultaneous use of inertia and reciprocity)) They exist, the main thing is to use them correctly.

Yes, yes, yes, I agree.

Only from what a body at rest or in a state of uniform motion and - most importantly - when and from what - will it repel...

Such is Newton's first law...))) With consequences... // And this is the second one, isn't it? )))

Yeah, that's what you say. Can trailing stop at least 10 seconds to fulfil the condition "Increase profit"? The higher the price, the further the stop will move behind the price and the more profit will be taken?

LLIAMAH:
Yeah, that's what you say. Can trailing stop at least 10 seconds to fulfil the condition "Increase profit"? The higher the price, the further the stop will move behind the price and the more profit will be taken?

Pass! Cattle grazing! Cows are herded! (sick of trailing cows in every thread)

LLIAMAH:
Yeah, that's what you say. Can a trailing stop at least 10 prtons make the "profit grow" condition true? The higher the price, the further the stop will move behind the price and the more profit we will make?

Nope. It won't work. Because the lock trend ends, as a rule, where even a very well aligned stop is. // Maxwell's demon again!

You can make a profit, but it will be very small. And not always.

DiNapoli has this concept - direction cancels the trend. That's a purely crooked translation (not mine). The point, however, is this. If you have a trend (like now on the main pair) that shows a sign of reversal - that's it, merge. What this sign is - it is up to you. However, DiNapoli has enough of these signs (and they are quite workable).

Price tends to maintain both direction and amplitude at the same time. That's the kind of back and forth inertia.

LLIAMAH:
Can a trailing stop at least for 10 prtnents make the condition "grow profit" come true?
Maybe even 20%, but you have to admit that hanging out in the ocean in a one-man boat is uncomfortable
Svinozavr:

DiNapoli has this notion - direction cancels the trend. That's a purely crooked translation (not mine). The point, however, is this. If you have a trend (like now on the main pair) that shows a sign of reversal - that's it, merge. What this sign is - it is up to you. By the way, DiNapoli has enough of these signs (and they are quite workable).

One sign is not enough, we need a set of rules for "draining" and "pouring" back

storm:
Maybe even 20%, but you have to agree that hanging out in the ocean in a single-seater dinghy is not a good idea.

One sign is not enough, we need a set of rules about "pouring" and "pouring" back.
No argument there. Welcome! )))

Mathemat:

I'm not going to speculate on my own opinion.

The main question is this: where in life did this sacred platitude come from? A simple analysis of the reasons for this serendipitous truth can lead to unexpected conclusions.

There is no such cow. TC is answering two questions - when to enter and when to exit. This cow has it written on her forehead that she has already entered and is now engaged in meditation on the question of exit.

"cut the losses" - obviously, when a certain loss is reached, one should exit.

But here's what's baffling - how is this horny receptacle of ryazhenka and sour cream going to grow profits . There is a purely beefy approach, with hay and time on the input and stew on the output.

Mischek:

There is no such cow. TC answers two questions - when to go in and when to come out. This cow has it written on her forehead that she has already entered and is now meditating on the question of exit.

"Cut the losses" - obviously, when a certain loss is reached, one should exit.

But what's so disturbing is how this horny cage of ryazhenka and sour cream is going to grow profits. The approach is purely beefy, with hay and time on the input and stew on the output.

The exit is an experience. Predictable and unfortunate.

Heh! Someone of the ancients (Geradot?) said that history is a science, and it sort of teaches something. Somebody. Yeah.
I like our Klyuchevsky better:

History does not teach, it only punishes for unlearned lessons.

Very familiar, isn't it? )))

===

By the way. It's to the question of regression.

Buggahaha!!!!)))

====

Of course, I'm aware of the phrase that history teaches what it doesn't teach anyone.
Been there, done that.